Watering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Dro

Bud-Doc
Reaction score
How much water should an average outdoor marijuana plant consume in a week in an average climate(Temp.)?
Dro:cool2:

Depends on how much you want it to consume. I train mine (being as i'm from the south and it's very hot and humid) to not get used to me watering it. I water mine when i plant them, and that's about it. If i transplant it from where i origionally planted it i'll water again. It's very rare that i'll water them. I let them get used to only getting water when it rains.

I heard this premotes good root growth too because it causes the roots to go down to look for natural water in the ground, which down here if you dig in the ground 2 feet it'll fill up with water lol! i dunno though, if you do manually water it, i wouldn't do it more than 2 times a week. :p good luck and peace!

~Burn One~
Dewayne

Yea 2 times a week for me is perfect. I just dont wont to be caring water every other day to the plants you know?
Thanks bro.
Dro:cool2:

It's dependent on the environment and plant size. In Dwaynes instance, where ground water is readily available. He may not need to water at all. In "my" environment, I wouldn't grow a twig without packing water.
Big plants in hot arid climate, will require a lot more water, more often than a small plant in a more humid conditions. Soil condition/drainage, or ability to store water will effect the frequency of waterings.

I would only water if you have more than 7 days of dry weather with no rain at all. I would water then and of course, when I use nutes. Other than that, it's up to nature to take care of the ladies and it usually does a more than adequate job. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

Latest posts

Back