Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Watering

halftoke

Reaction score
Hi All;

I'm doing an indoor soil grow ([thread=2667]pics an stuff here[/thread]) and used [thread=2403]Mutts method[/thread] of setting up a soil bucket.

My question is should I continue watering from the top? Or is it better to put my water & nutes in the pan and let it wick up?

TIA,

massproducer

Reaction score
I usually grow hydroponically but when I do grow in soil, i like to water from the top as I find this helps leach out any salt build up and I can test the ph, of the run off. I am not saying that is totally correct but it works for me.
Maybe someone that grows in soil all the time can give you a better answer. Good luck

JayMcFly

Reaction score
I think you are better watering from the top and any excess running through can then be left as a reservior to soak up :)

what ive been doing and its workin ok so far (fingers crossed)

halftoke

Reaction score
so far that's what I've been doing. Thanks for the advice, I'll stick with that :)

Skinmaster

Reaction score
halftoke said:
Hi All;

I'm doing an indoor soil grow ([thread=2667]pics an stuff here[/thread]) and used [thread=2403]Mutts method[/thread] of setting up a soil bucket.

My question is should I continue watering from the top? Or is it better to put my water & nutes in the pan and let it wick up?

TIA,
Hi Halftoke

I have been growing in soil now, for about a year and a half, and I agree with Massproducer, top-down feeding with soil is the ideal way
just as a NOTE of caution: do not mix the way you water the babes (I.E. top-down then bottom-up) - for this holds bad Chems. and salts within the soil, knackering your precious load.

Mutt

Just a Dawg
Reaction score
Wow, someone liked my thread. but yes everyone here is correct IMO. top down is the best way. I never much like the idea of standing water in my grow area anyway always attracted pests on top of the buildups that occur. Also that bucket I showed cannot wic water up unless you put wics in it. the river rocks are meant for drainage not uptake of water.

Latest posts