We Interupt this Message for Deer Season!.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
..there are those "hermi' genetics" that I've been saying will show itself in future generations...!! :p
In my state, the tags are issued as "Antlered", "antlerless" or either sex.

walter said:
awwwwww yes i forgot to let you people no about one of the most bazzar deer iv ever seen it was a he/she it was a spike about 4 and a half in spikes on her for a rach wat was a women,, no package down below,, just what you would find on a doe,, so what do you concider this??? we had a doe tag ,, but ringed it with a buck tag,, hey man if it has spikes over three inches its concidered a buck ,,,,,, or is it???

Where I live, 4 inches is the Law.

I'm expected to go this year but I've decided to stay in my Can. Besides, I've got many antlers, my biggest is a 9 pointer. I use a 30-30, lever action Marlin. As opposed to the Remingtons model, my shell flys out the side not on top.
I applied for the doe tag this year and didn't get it.......:angrywife: So, I ain't going!

I use a 30-30, lever action Marlin. As opposed to the Remingtons model, my shell flys out the side not on top.
I prefer the Marlin to the "Winchester"..;) model, for a "useing" gun. Marlin may not be as famous/popular as the winchesters, but I sure feel it's a 'better' built gun.
I'll bet I've owned at least a dozen of the mod. 94 Win. Used to could buy one NIB for well under a C-note..But those old '94's are fetching a premium price tag nowdays.

we bagged all 3 of them today.. good hunt and lots of good times.

Hick said:
..there are those "hermi' genetics" that I've been saying will show itself in future generations...!! :p
In my state, the tags are issued as "Antlered", "antlerless" or either sex.
well its kinda the same here buck or antlerless

Hick said:
............and for walter...

> HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT THE TWO DUCK HUNTERS FROM WISCONSIN ? ABSOLUTELY A
> TRUE STORY HEARD ON A WISCONSIN RADIO STATION REPORTING ON THE INCIDENT.
>
> A guy buys a new Lincoln Navigator for $42,500.00 (with monthly
> payments of $560.00).
>
> He and a friend go duck hunting in upper Wisconsin . It's mid-winter;
> and of course all of the lakes are frozen. These two guys go out on the
> ice with their GUNS, a DOG, and of course the new NAVIGATOR.

>They decide they want to make a natural looking open water area for the ducks

> to focus on, something for the decoys to float on. Now making a hole in the ice
> large enough to invite a passing duck, is going to take a little more
> power than the average drill auger can produce.
>
> So, out of the back of the new Navigator comes a stick of dynamite with
> a sh ort 40 second-fuse. Now our two Rocket Scientists, afraid they might
> slip on the ice while trying to run away after lighting the fuse (and
> becoming toast, along with the Navigator), decide on the following course
> of action:
>
> They light the 40 second fuse; then, with a mighty thrust, they throw
> the stick of dynamite as far away as possible.
>
> Remember a couple of paragraphs back when I mentioned the NAVIGATOR,
> the GUNS, and the DOG...???
>
> Let's talk about the dog: A highly trained Black Lab used for
> RETRIEVING; especially things thrown by the owner. You guessed it: the
> dog takes off across the ice at a high rate of speed and grabs the stick
> of dynamite, with the burning 40-second fuse, just as it hits the ice.
>
> The two men swallow, blink, start waving their arms and, with veins in
> their necks swelling to resemble stalks of rhubarb, scream and holler
> at the dog to stop. The dog, now apparently cheer ed on by his maste r,
> keeps coming.
>
> One hunter panics, grabs the shotgun and shoots the dog. The shotgun is
> loaded with #8 bird shot, hardly big enough to stop a Black Lab. The
> dog stops for a moment, slightly confused, then continues on. Another
> shot, and this time the dog, still standing, becomes really confused and
> of course terrified, thinks these two geniuses have gone insane.
> The dog takes off to find cover, UNDER the brand new Navigator.
>
> The men continue to scream as they run. The red hot exhaust pipe on the
> truck touches the dog's rear end, he yelps, drops the dynamite under
> the truck and takes off after his master.
>
> Then " "" "" "" "" " BOOOOOOOOOOOOM "" "" "" "" "" ! ! ! !
>
> The truck is blown to bits and sinks to the bottom of the lake, leaving
> the two idiots standing there with "I can't believe this just
> happened" looks on their faces.
>
> The insurance company says that sinking a vehicle in a lake by illegal
> use of explosives is NOT COVERED by the policy. And he still had yet to
> make the first of those $560.00 a month payments.
>
> The dog is okay. doing fine. And you thought Rednecks lived in the
> South......

nuts ha ha ha thats funny as hell,, i wonder if its true? ,, did it hit the paper or anything?,, thats a pretty good story thoe ,, even if it isnt true,,, the onlything holding me back a bit to beleif it is that ,,, who the hell uses #8 birdshot for ducks #8 shot is what some people use for skeet,, you can get a box 100 shells at canadian tire for $20,, pardon my vocabulary, but around here #8 shells is what we call (s.h.i.t-s.h.o.t) i dont think they'll drop canary or chickety at 10 yards sitting on a bird feeder let alone ducks,, anyway great story thoe i enjoyed it and sent it out to pretty much everyone i Know by email

EAST STROUDSBURG, Penn., Nov. 22. -- The residents of Stauffers, this county, turned out almost in a body last night to search for Reuben Harps, a missing hunter from Wilkesbarre. After searching for hours, they found the hunter unconscious, mangled and bleeding from lacerations of the body. Beside the hunter was the dead body of a black bear of immense size. everything pointed to being a perfect struggle between the man and the beast. and that harps was saved from death was due to his dog, wich gave the alarm,although clawed and bleeding from his contact with the bear.
harps came to stauffers a few days ago from wilkesbarre on a hunting trip, and on monday started out for game,with his dog, a valuable one.
he did not return on monday night, and as, nothing was heard from him tuesday, the residents of stuaffers has became alarmed. the contry in that section is wild, and it is no infreaquent thing to kill wildcats and bears. the villagers waited anxiously for the missing man. tuesday evening harpes dog covered in blood and bearing every evidance of being in a fight,crawled into stuaffers. the dogs apperance confermed the fears of the villagers, and, at the instigation of issak stuaffer, a search party of 20 men was orginized with guns and lanterns, they went in search of the missing man, all the ols huning places were visited, and when the hours grew late the resolved to try the country about the still waters befor giving up. in a dence thicket they found harpes wich would have been dead in a short time. as it is he will probley recover.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< that nuts just goes to show you how much a dog loves its master,, enough to take down a bear

Reactions: SFC
hey if you guys want some good deer camp tunes ,, download,, da yoopers-da thirty point buck 2 the sequal,,,and da yoopers- second week of deer camp

walter said:
nuts ha ha ha thats funny as hell,, i wonder if its true? ,, did it hit the paper or anything?,, thats a pretty good story thoe ,, even if it isnt true,,, the onlything holding me back a bit to beleif it is that ,,, who the hell uses #8 birdshot for ducks #8 shot is what some people use for skeet,, you can get a box 100 shells at canadian tire for $20,, pardon my vocabulary, but around here #8 shells is what we call (s.h.i.t-s.h.o.t) i dont think they'll drop canary or chickety at 10 yards sitting on a bird feeder let alone ducks,, anyway great story thoe i enjoyed it and sent it out to pretty much everyone i Know by email

Well the same dudes almost blew up there dog and did sink there brand new expidition...so #8 shot might not be too far fetched :p

Sorry guys>but this is the only deer that will hang on my wall.Everyone gots the own thing,and I will not knock anybody for doing something that they like to do.But this is just MY two cents.Keep it GREEN:hubba:

on the wall.jpg

Da yoopers are from my state, and I have seen them play a couple times, really good show. If it ever cools down up here, I am going to start whacking,and stacking, especially now that the outdoor crops are in

Mutt said:
Well the same dudes almost blew up there dog and did sink there brand new expidition...so #8 shot might not be too far fetched :p
awwww yes you've got a point

SFC said:
Da yoopers are from my state, and I have seen them play a couple times, really good show. If it ever cools down up here, I am going to start whacking,and stacking, especially now that the outdoor crops are in
yeah their pretty funny thats for sure

soz there blury but they didnt want to stand still for long...

could have taged both with horns but took a pic instead:)

elk isn't much of a rack really but the buck wasn't to bad at all... give him a year more before he needs culled and on the dinner plate:hubba:

off to fetch the .300

:48:

DSCF0063.JPG

DSCF0064.JPG

Got a question, anyone know anything about Bayonets. I have this British made Bayonet, my question is this. Why are later model British Bayonets shorter than later model American Bayonets? Thanks...:)

"A terrible darkness has fallen upon us, but we must not surrender to it, we shall lift lamps of courage and find our way through to the morning" - Anonymous member of the French Resistance 1943

Ya' know HGB, those trophies are tuff to pass on, but you can't eat them antlers. For the dinner plate, I prefer a yearling, spike or even an older cow, is better table fare than "any" bull this time of year. (but you know that ;))
I've eaten big bulls that were so tuff that it took a 'sharp knife, just to cut the gravy..;)

Latest posts

Back