We Interupt this Message for Deer Season!.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Star said:
Plus I already have a 7mm rem mag that I very fond of anyway. Ain't much in the lower 40 it can't handle.

yep very nice gun there and I do have one but it's an older weatherby with a wooden stock and kinda heavy on long walks...

same as a 300 tho... just change up your load's some to meet the game size :hubba:

nice one on win'n the 300 mag ;)

greatly done im a bigtime hunter here in ontario and lower the honker population quite frequently,, here are some pics also a pic of some ducks,, i hunt anything you can buy a tag for,, i shoot a benelli nova,pump action 2 3/4 - 3 1/2'' mags ,, commo ofcorse

IMG_1620.jpg

IMG_1618.jpg

guage and ducks.jpg

Call me a wuss but I don't have the heart to just gun down a deer. they're so cute and I guess if you didn't kill one and you were human this would be the reason. I would kill if I was hungry though, so don't think that I think I'm a crazy vegan animal rights activist. Besides I can think think of at least a dozen or so human beings I wouldn't mind taking out (not for sustenance, of course) I'm not sick but for the simple pleasure of stamping out their existence. I'm not murderous but there are people in this world that humanity would benefit to do away with. I have eaten deer meat before though and since I do live out here where I see deer on a regular basis, who knows what might happen. as of late I just own a 44 mag I bought from a pawn shop for home protection and to protect the horses from coyotes.:aok:

I must say Walter that's a lovely truck bed of death:woohoo:

Harvesting a deer with a bow,and arrow is an acomplishment/experience that many people sadly never will get a chance to know. Harvesting an animal as majestic as a whitetail buck on his terms, on his turf is a unique rush. It is a spiritual experience, and it is also a good chance to take time to think about things, without the normal distractions of our daily lives.

Been out "harvesting" a few Dove. Stumbled onto a nice flock of Band Tailed Pigeons too. Me 'n the grandson "whacked 'em 'n stacked 'em".. ;)
Bow and muzzle just finished up here. Rifle seasons start next weekend. I'll be holding out 'till second season to go for elk 'n b'ar.
I just shoot my old 300 win. in mod 70, pre-64, 3x9 Leup'. Nothin fancy, and she ain't as purdy as she used to be, but she still performs every time I ask her.

here in northern ontario the deer hunting is alot harder than what it seems to be in the states,, i would love to pick and choose my deer,, but it aint like that around here,, we apply for a doe tag and you have somthing like an 11% chance of getting one,, the joys of getting a doe tag just meens you can shoot any deer you see,, fawn,doe,or buck,, this might seem funny to some people,, but it is what its like around here you will pretty much shoot what you see if you have doe tag ,, by this i meen>> it is what ever puts meat on the table,, im sure their are a few people on this site that could relate to this,, where i hunt you are LUCKY if you even see a deer,, i no people that hunt the full 2 weeks of deer season for the last 15 years and havent even shot a deer yet ,, unfortunatly not meaning to brag in any way,, this is not a problem with me ,, hunting and shooting and fishing all come natural to me,, and iv bagged a deer evry year iv hunted them,, my biggest was a dirty old swamp buck weighing in at 221 dressed on the butcher hook this is a big deer prolly the biggest ill ever get around here 8 pointer,, it should have been a 12 0r 14 the thing was around or 8 years old but as you no as hunters the age of the deer as it gets older the rack size will cycle so like the year befor it was prolly a ten,, anyway ,, then theirs the smallest deer a fawn,, like i said meat on the table!! i think i got mabey 60lbs of meat,, then a few does and a spike horn in their somewhere,, their is someone in my hunting party that hunted deer with us for 5 years now and havent even seen one,,, im thinking on booking a hunt to manitoba for some mule deer,, anyway me and my buddy have hammered about 120 geese so far this fall,, dont think this goes to waste ,, as a hunter i do not waste meat,, i cook some of it in the oven ,, can a bunch of them ,, then make a batch off goose suasage,, this goes for all animals i hunt,, dont think im over doing it by droppin this many geese cuz their is a daily bag limit for a reason,, these things are over populating and ruining the great farmers feilds,, i also got my two bear this fall already witch is cut up into steaks and also suasage,, moose starts in a week ,, then deer in 1 month,, for a moose rifle and deer rifle,, i shoot a benelli R1 300 short mag awsome gun ,, benelli is where its at i also have had my benelli nova 12 guage for 6 years ,, its been in the bottom of swamps lost in grain feilds ,, you name it it been their,, bennelli is a reel dependible gun ,,i also support a 2006 browning 7mm lever with a leopold scope 3-9 power 50mm also an exalent rifle,, although i am not to fond of my thousand dollar scope i think i might downgrade to a bushnell elite ,, verry nice scope,, then i have the old grouse gun,, my .22,, nice and small good to take with you moose hunting to dropp grouse along the way,,then an older remington bolt action 308 its handed down through the family and it done its job ,, then the old war gun most of you have ,, the old 303,, good gun pretty accurate,, and lets not forget my first duck gun , lakefeild/mossburg 2 3/4----3'' awsome gun undistructible trust me im hard on firarms and any gun that lasts me is a good gun ,, ha ha ha ,,i had a remington 7mm model 710 fall apart in my hans i have nothing good to say about new remingtons at this point,, it seems to me like remmington is just selling their name now,,anything from remington 6 years or older right now is the only remington you want to own, i also see that in the last couple years mossburg has been on a come back tour,, does anyone own a newer one??? i interested in hereing on how it performs,, thanks,, well i also do a bit of bear hunting guiding,, i would post a pic of a bear but im not to sure if it will fly with the mods here or if it is appriate for this site buz its got a big honking hole threw the skull,, it was close enough for a head shot so i took it so i wouldent waste any meat ,, the more meat the better ha ha ,, if its alright with the mods ill post it ,, anyway i just thought that i would give you guys my thoughts on some guns and let you no how my hunting has gone so far this year..later guys and happy hunting

I used to dock/goose hunt , but here in teh great lakes flyway we get the shaft on geese. So I stick mostly to Pats,and pheasant now. I have an awesoem brit who is gettng up there in years, but still loves the game. My primary scattergun is a Benelli M1-super 90. Light as a feather,and fast as hell. I also have a Browing goldhunter auto that is a nice shooting 12 guage, two Remington 870's. My wingmaster is now strictly rifled slug gun, topped with a bushnell Holo-sight. You cannot beat a holosight for still hunting,and driving deer. That Wingmaster has a reputation as a big buck killer. She has 4 scorable bucks under her. Only one is mine though (go figure) Mine is the largest though. 22.5" inside spread mainframe 8 point with a drop tine thats scores as a 9th. Score is 145 1/8th

i love deer with dropps makes them look more agressive,, yeah thoes remington 870 express are a good shooting gun and im happy to here their is another person that runs benelli on this site,, you supportin comfort tek?

Well.....we just lost the family hunting dog.

Hasn't been a great last few years for hunting dogs for us.

The Weimaraner gut sucked down an irrigation valve. That sucks, he was one hellofa pheasant dog.

I'm sorry for your loss...you have my condolences. Here's a silly pic I hope it makes you smile as much as it did me:D

cute.jpg

for AGU...

Just an old broken down dog
is what I've come to be.
My senses are all growing dim,
My eyes can barely see.

But master, you're still in your prime,
while I am fading fast,
Please take me with you one more time
Before I breathe mt last.

You used to take me with you
To the woods when I was young,
To do your bidding faithfully
In my youth when I was strong.

My best's no longer good enough,
I'm useless and confused:
For surely you must care for me
as much as I for you.

I'll be waiting by the back door,
Take me with you when you go.
It's all I've ever wanted
and the only thing I know.

I'll struggle up and wag my tail,
Eager your will to do;
And gladly endure a painful walk
Just to be with with you.

Take me with you when you go.
One more time I long to be
with my master and my friend.
Take me with you once again.

Poem by Dana Duke

............and for walter...

> HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT THE TWO DUCK HUNTERS FROM WISCONSIN ? ABSOLUTELY A
> TRUE STORY HEARD ON A WISCONSIN RADIO STATION REPORTING ON THE INCIDENT.
>
> A guy buys a new Lincoln Navigator for $42,500.00 (with monthly
> payments of $560.00).
>
> He and a friend go duck hunting in upper Wisconsin . It's mid-winter;
> and of course all of the lakes are frozen. These two guys go out on the
> ice with their GUNS, a DOG, and of course the new NAVIGATOR.

>They decide they want to make a natural looking open water area for the ducks

> to focus on, something for the decoys to float on. Now making a hole in the ice
> large enough to invite a passing duck, is going to take a little more
> power than the average drill auger can produce.
>
> So, out of the back of the new Navigator comes a stick of dynamite with
> a sh ort 40 second-fuse. Now our two Rocket Scientists, afraid they might
> slip on the ice while trying to run away after lighting the fuse (and
> becoming toast, along with the Navigator), decide on the following course
> of action:
>
> They light the 40 second fuse; then, with a mighty thrust, they throw
> the stick of dynamite as far away as possible.
>
> Remember a couple of paragraphs back when I mentioned the NAVIGATOR,
> the GUNS, and the DOG...???
>
> Let's talk about the dog: A highly trained Black Lab used for
> RETRIEVING; especially things thrown by the owner. You guessed it: the
> dog takes off across the ice at a high rate of speed and grabs the stick
> of dynamite, with the burning 40-second fuse, just as it hits the ice.
>
> The two men swallow, blink, start waving their arms and, with veins in
> their necks swelling to resemble stalks of rhubarb, scream and holler
> at the dog to stop. The dog, now apparently cheer ed on by his maste r,
> keeps coming.
>
> One hunter panics, grabs the shotgun and shoots the dog. The shotgun is
> loaded with #8 bird shot, hardly big enough to stop a Black Lab. The
> dog stops for a moment, slightly confused, then continues on. Another
> shot, and this time the dog, still standing, becomes really confused and
> of course terrified, thinks these two geniuses have gone insane.
> The dog takes off to find cover, UNDER the brand new Navigator.
>
> The men continue to scream as they run. The red hot exhaust pipe on the
> truck touches the dog's rear end, he yelps, drops the dynamite under
> the truck and takes off after his master.
>
> Then " "" "" "" "" " BOOOOOOOOOOOOM "" "" "" "" "" ! ! ! !
>
> The truck is blown to bits and sinks to the bottom of the lake, leaving
> the two idiots standing there with "I can't believe this just
> happened" looks on their faces.
>
> The insurance company says that sinking a vehicle in a lake by illegal
> use of explosives is NOT COVERED by the policy. And he still had yet to
> make the first of those $560.00 a month payments.
>
> The dog is okay. doing fine. And you thought Rednecks lived in the
> South......

Hick OMG!!!!!! That is the funniest thing I ever read!!!

Man,Hick. That poem damn near broke me man. My brit is going to be ten years old soon, and it breaks my herat knowing time with him is drawing to a close. Thanks man......

i get to go antilope (pronghorn) hunting tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!! my dad, brother, and i all have female tags... also i have a doe deer this year..

Dream Grower started this post last year and just after this posted his last post to date and has not been back sence then. I had got to know him pretty well. He posted in one post where he made 4.3 pounds from his 12 plants and im kinda warry of posting the amount of smoke grown for the year. It may be nothing but its kinda weird. PS he even told me how much he enjoyed the site and the people. Maybe he went to the big hunting ground in the sky. I was really craving some squirls a few days ago so i tryed my luck and got 5 young ones. I fried 2 one night and ate my fill then the next night i made a pan of brown onion gravy and put the leftover fryed squirl in it and let it simmer untill it was falling apart and had it with some english peaz and over some rice with a pan of homade bisquits. I have three more in the freezer im making me hungry. And my brother caught so many big crappii this spring he brought me 45 quart bags or fillets they are some good to. Yum Yum If you read this you will be heading for the fridge.

I had a thirteen year old chesapeek retreever that got to where he could hardly go hunting but i would pick him up and put him in the truck and then pick him up on the 4 wheeler and he would ride in and out but he would still fetch every duck. His hearing go bad and i ran over him in the dark at home one night. He was sleeping in front of the truck and didnt hear it crank up. The wheel just rolled up on his man hood and i thought he would be ok but he live 4 days before passing on.

long time ,, that is pretty upsetting to hear ,, im a big animal lover,, and that upsets me ,, im sorry to here he had to go in such away you must of felt absolutly terrible ,, even know this is not your fualt,, s0omthing like that can bring a grown man down for months ,, im fealling for ya brother

awwwwww yes i forgot to let you people no about one of the most bazzar deer iv ever seen it was a he/she it was a spike about 4 and a half in spikes on her for a rach wat was a women,, no package down below,, just what you would find on a doe,, so what do you concider this??? we had a doe tag ,, but ringed it with a buck tag,, hey man if it has spikes over three inches its concidered a buck ,,,,,, or is it???

Latest posts

Back