We Interupt this Message for Deer Season!.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I totally understand the hunting... My family has been hunting for years. I just am an ole softy now... but if you skin it, I can cut it into roasts, steaks, ribs, etc.. :D Our family doesn't waste an animal either.

I had a guy on the university campus wanting me to sign a paper making it illegal to eat horsemeat. His reasoning??? Look into their eyes, they're so innocent and soft and sweet. I said, "listen mister, have you ever seen a calf's eyes? They are so soft, they will lick your hand, play fetch, etc...so what's the difference? You gonna give up your beef????

Personally, I don't think I would want to eat horsemeat but who am I to tell others they cannot?

Where's the beef?!?!?!?!?!? :p

Yup ravishing...Banning horses from slaughter will result in an over abundance of old, sick and crippled animals, mark my word and see. More "dogooders" without a clue..IMHO. Though "I" would never consider horse meat as a part of my diet, there are those that do, and I'm with you. "Who are [they to impose their beliefs on "everyone".

...would anyone be offended by a pic or two of some harvested game animals?..
I was tempted to post a few of my successfull harvests, but would rather refrain if the site of dead critters is going to be considered in "bad taste" or offensive to any members.

Dont know about any one else but I would like to see some of those birds you bagged.

..well, since noone objected..;)

Your partner in the pic hopefully got some good praising for his/her part too I hope! My friends have to depend on hunting for their meat, they used to be in the logging industry but the environmentalist put an end to that with the spotted owl (I have never seen one).

They have three dogs that live to go off hunting and do a fine job of it.

If people are offended by hunt pictures god forbid they ever see pictures of the slaughter house that the meat they buy from the grocer came from.

Ravishing_68 said:
If people are offended by hunt pictures god forbid they ever see pictures of the slaughter house that the meat they buy from the grocer came from.

I hear you Rav. My Brother went on a tour of a meat packing plant 40 years ago and hasn't touched meat since. You should hear the stories he tells about what he saw there.

As an old survival trainer for the Army, nothing bothers me. If it can be eaten, I've probably eaten it. The most unappetizing was raw rattlesnake. Oily and not very good tasting, but if I had to eat it to survive, I would. Lizard tail makes a damn good stew.

Hick, those are some fine looking birds man! Slide those puppies up next to some mashed taters and some green beans and I'd be a happy camper!

season opens monday here and i've already seen about 3 buck walking around our property. Had some luck on monday when a flock of wild turkey rolled past the window as i was watching tv... twas a good thanksgiving :) Happy hunting all and BE SAFE!

Stoney Bud said:
I hear you Rav. My Brother went on a tour of a meat packing plant 40 years ago and hasn't touched meat since. You should hear the stories he tells about what he saw there.

As an old survival trainer for the Army, nothing bothers me. If it can be eaten, I've probably eaten it. The most unappetizing was raw rattlesnake. Oily and not very good tasting, but if I had to eat it to survive, I would. Lizard tail makes a damn good stew.

Hick, those are some fine looking birds man! Slide those puppies up next to some mashed taters and some green beans and I'd be a happy camper!

LOL, Stoney eat anything that crawls:) . Good for you man, I was the pickiest child you ever saw, but I've learned late in life that taste/nutrition does not always look appealing;) .

There are some videos on the web regarding meat and poultry packing that could potentially turn all of us into either vegetarians or hunters. Not gonna link them up though, take my word for it, they are truly disturbing:eek: .

Nice birds Hick!

Elephant Man said:
There are some videos on the web regarding meat and poultry packing that could potentially turn all of us into either vegetarians or hunters!
No thanks man, I don't want to see the "hotdog" chute my brother tells me about. I'll just figger I'm strong enough to handle it. I love hot dogs!

Now, I like my grilled veggies too. I use a large double sided "George Forman" grill and spray them with extra virgin olive oil, and man oh man, that IS good!

Even better when you slide a 20 ounce Porterhouse up nice and tight to it. Medium Rare towards the rare side. I have a digestive system like a mountain goat. I love the bad stuff.

Say Hick,

nice bunch of birds there bro ;)

here's a couple from time's past... only got 1 bear and 1 dear this year and cant find those pics :mad:

cat i got on a goverment permit run'n blue's and red's ;)

rack is a bench leg black tail (mule deer X black tail) with a bear skull on it which score's in at over 170 b&c :D

pheasant are on the decline here :(

enjoy the birds

:48:

DSCF2857.JPG

DSCF2859.JPG

Keep them critters away from me, or I'll eatem.

Don't look like I'll git much meat offa that skinny one...

This is my best deer killed in 2001. it grossed 154 0/8 and Net was 150 5/8. It is a perfect Ten point with less than 4 inches in deductions. A hunter i new saw the deer and made the mistake of telling me about it. I killed him the same afternoon. Happy hunting. Slim Dream Grower i haven`t heard from you.

01709142002005.jpg

..:eek:..."hell'a"[i/] nice set o' bones there LTG!

hick, nice looking catch. nice looking dog to. hows your dog do in the bush? im training my 2 black labs for duck season...no rabbit season...no duck season...
sry just got done watching 2 hours of looney tunes.

thank ya' night.
The lab is a machine!...he's only 2 yrs, but would rather hunt than eat, I believe.
He took to the hunting so naturally, he probably taught me as much at least, as I've taught him. Not a "finished" TOP dog just yet, but if "I" don't ruin him ;), he has the potential.

Best o luck with your training. It's hard to describe or relate to the satisfaction and pride you feel when your dog performs like a true champion.

Here again another reason I love this forum. Nuthin but a bunch of weed farmin rednecks like myself. :farm: :joint:

dream grower said:
Hick! Really sorry that you can't do elk. That is one of my dreams. Elk and a BIG Northern Whitetail! Gld to see your supp the NRA. Even with our faults, we do have our constitutional right to bear arms in our hearts and will defend that right! Peace
you are absolutely right...im sick and tired of people trying to take away our Second Amendment right...i actually just had to write a paper about that for college...glad to see we dont have any TRAITORS here

oltomnoddy said:
Went out hunting Christmas Day, and bagged me a deer too.
Strung it up to bleed it, I'll post a picture.
Now that's sick...

Hhahahaahahahaaa

I like that in a person.

..now "that" would be a redneck tree ornament!..
that isn't Rudolph is it?..:eek:

I need a few suggestions on Compound Bows.....I'll get in the woods next year with something hopefully under $350 but quality for a new Bow Hunter.

Latest posts

Back