Weed and alcohol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zem

Reaction score
I know that they say "never mix weed and alcohol" and it always made sense to me, as every time I had been drinking more than I should, and then smoked up, I would spin hard, feel horrible, throw up and sleep it off and the next day I would wake up almost feeling normal.
Now a thought came to my mind, that every time I had drank a lot and not thrown up, I would feel the next day as if I was poisoned, which I actually was. And whenever I had drank moderately, smoking up never seemed to cause this horrible feeling. So maybe, MJ has a detoxing effect to counter alcohol? just a thought that I felt like sharing and listening to what everyone has to say on this :)

Never worked for me. I was still hung over.

I don't drink and that is why. lol... Alcohol poisoning is real. I bet your on to something, obviously your body wanted to be rid of it...
One of the first things i ever read about pot is that it caused homeostasis... balance...

I just looked up homeostasis to make sure I was telling the truth and this is the definition:
Examples of homeostasis include the regulation of temperature and the balance between acidity and alkalinity (pH). It is a process that maintains the stability of the human body's internal environment in response to changes in external conditions.​

So, i think you are on to something Zem.

Quit drinking about 25 years ago, do not miss it. Never had a hangover with cannabis.

ZEM i thank you are right. i hate to say this but. I drank about a 15 to 18 beers a day starting at 6 am and smoke lots of meds . but it takes me much more than most just to feel the MJ and to get a buzz on.

I'm with you rosebud haven't drank in 40 years.88,000 die from alcohol a year.84,700 die from crack cocaine.I call alcohol liquid crack.Don't get me wrong all my friends drink and thats fine just not for me.

I'm with you rosebud haven't drank in 40 years.88,000 die from alcohol a year.84,700 die from crack cocaine.I call alcohol liquid crack.Don't get me wrong all my friends drink and thats fine just not for me.

I happen to be a social drinker, never drink at home or alone, only on occasions and events. Every time I drink, I feel the strong effect of alcohol and I see drunk people and what it makes to them, it leaves me wondering, how the hell is weed illegal and still socially not acceptable when alcohol is legal and parents and key figures in society can drink it openly with no scrutiny? it is worse than liquid crack imo, as I don't recall seeing people acting as they would on alcohol when on crack and I don't recall of having such a poisoned feeling back when I tried freebase cocaine long ago so it is more like "potable heroin" to me.

Latest posts

Back