weed crackling when burning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkHorse007

Reaction score
anybody know whats going on when i smoke some of my weed it is crackling when i put the lighter to it? dosent effect the smoke at all its still real good stuff. just wondering whats going on i had a friend say it is potassium from fertilizer and not flushing the plant but ive heard here on MP many times that not flushing has no differnt effect on the final product

Take to smokin it anyways aint goin kill ya just make yual feel warm to were yur trail need be ;)

BWD

i thought that also but i had all feminized plants at the time no males were present:confused2:

Normally I would say "it was laced" lol ...but.. er, if you grew it :confused2:

Maybe it's all the massive epic proportions of THC?! :D

I don't know if this is true but I have heard or read that if you carried too much nitrogen to the harvest and then didn't dry and cure properly, the nitrogen will make it crackle and pop some. Typically with a seed you will only get the one pop and not much crackle(and no snap, lol). If you dried it too quick and didn't give it a long cure time, that may be the cause. :)

Seed or possibly trapped water still in the bud.... Fully cured? Or tester buds? Still curing?

Only seen this with seeds and partially wet bud... (Think of uncured wood burning)

thanks for the info guys and gals ive had this happen with two differnt kinds of buds now that i think of it. one of them i know i dried too much i didnt know what i was really doing this was my first round lol, but the other one i dried and cured much better and if anything it could be a little wet.

i did notice again that sometimes you can actually see sparks, it sounds like pop rocks

could be how high you are....... lol

That sparking and crackling like fireworks is from minerals not flushed from the plant. I bet your ash is not white after you finish a bowl neither.

Latest posts

Back