Weed Nation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HemperFi

Reaction score
Have you been watching? Makes me glad I don't live in Cali anymore. Seems everyone growing or distributing in Cali will eventually be going to jail. Most of them have already been in jail. The dispensary guy is living on borrowed time, and anyone who hooks up with the guy will probably go down too. Like the one guy said, "It's not too smart getting on a sinking ship." The grower he plans on getting his weed from has a target on his back too. They sure are growing some nice meds up there though. And what about the guy who wants to develop a plant with strong CBDs to give to a child. I am enjoying the show, but it makes me paranoid just watching.

Peace

I see an eppisode ...I thought it to be like the Moonshiners show...All Staged for entertainment...unfortunatly.....Duck Dynasty is on same time diffrent channel...now that is entertaining:D

:48:

I'm thinking it is produced by the same people as Moonshiners.

I'll have to look into "Duck Dynasty."

peace

Yeah,,I have watched some of them. Just goes to show you,,no Law for the use of MMJ,, can be trusted.

By the way,,I like the New Show,,,Robot Combat League.

MAKES ME ILL!!!!!!!!!!!

If I ever see the dispensary guy, he is straight getting cracked in the jaw.

"Grace" farms is a joke too. What a clown.

Believe that the Industry is nowhere near what they are showing on this lame show.

What had the most impact on me was the attitude of the cops in that show -- Even though the laws have changed, their outlook on things haven't changed in the least -- we are the enemy.

peace

No matter what, if there's a camera on someone they will perform, be them LEO or citizen. Haven't seen the show as of yet but I know they push for melodrama when they can...just sayin....

Just got Netflix, is it on Netflix yet?

No, not yet on Netflix -- it on the discovery channel, and it looks like it's being produced by the same people as "Moonshinners." Like, they show the cops sneaking up on a grow, then cut to one of the growers, who hears something outside, then back to LEO all dressed in there cammy and carrying automatic weapons going real slow and stealthy, then back to the grower who grabs up his gun and runs outside, then back to LEO, who is somewhere else sneaking up on another grow. It's pretty contrived and scripted, I'm sure -- but I watched it right through...

Peace

Hal is right though -- that guy from Grace farms is an idiot -- out chasing strange cars on a public road that runs past his place -- sheesh. But, they do show some sweet looking MJ on that show, and the clones that guy's wife put out in the ground were splendid. That other old fellow who refused to deal with the dispensary guy was clipping some dank, huge colas. Nice to see...

Peace

the old timer was growing some nice trainwreck buds.......:icon_smile:

NorCalHal said:
MAKES ME ILL!!!!!!!!!!!

If I ever see the dispensary guy, he is straight getting cracked in the jaw.

"Grace" farms is a joke too. What a clown.

Believe that the Industry is nowhere near what they are showing on this lame show.

My wife and I were watching the dispensary guy, Shotwell, with our mouths hanging open.. That guy is the absolute worst.. on so many levels

Missed tonights show.
Dispensary guy is the worst though. But, bright side. He looks like a crier. And a cryin is what he will be doing first night in hardened prison cell after sentencing. "But I dont belong heeeere." lol Screw him.

The cast overall just isnt as likeable as Moonshiners. On Moonshiners they actually show some type of personality. Not just guys running around paranoid all the time.
Watched a Documentary on Popcorn Sutton the other day. When he passed. Even some big name celebs showed up to his funeral.

Cant wait till Tim Smiths Strawberry Shine hits production. Gonna nab some of that.

7GE is right. Fuzz just trying to look in charge and control when the camera hits on. Got a couple million other law enforcement officials across this country. Many probably want their jobs. Dont wanna look weak or doubtful.

i guarantee before any LEO goes on a tv show like this. they are told they must act a certain way, and can't say anything sympathetic to the movement at all. i bet the government even brings in someone to explain to the cops what they can and can't say on tv, because they represent the government. they can't show any doubt that prohibition works.

one LEO said - "this plant ruins peoples lives"

i literally laughed out loud when i heard one of them say this. weed doesn't ruin anyone's life. prohibition is the reason lives have been ruined.

i hate the dispensary guy too...

a quote from him - "this weed thing is to big to fail"

when i heard that i couldn't do anything but shake my head. where have we heard that before. i think history shows us NOTHING is too big to fail.

To keep things in perspective Popcorn Sutton has been a kind of role model for me for some time. However it should be noted that he died by suicide when a federal judge refused to give him "house arrest" after being busted with close to 850 gallons of likker. He was facing something like 2 years in federal prison.

I have a rookie question here. Do growers in the Emerald Triangle feel negatively about most dispensary guys or is it just because the guy on the show is such a tool? I'm not trying to start anything as I truly don't know.Thanks

The growers consider themselves "Country Folk" or "Mountain People," and the dispensary people are "City People." Country folk don't trust city people in general.

I'm thinking Mike Boutin and his wife are going down soon. I noticed they were not invited to the harvest party. Shotwell is living on borrowed time as well, and yes, he will be abused in prison.

I'm enjoying the show, but I try to keep in mind that it isn't representative of what is actually happening in Cali -- I hope!

I watched some "Duck Dynasty" last night as well -- cracked me up...

Peace

HemperFi said:
I watched some "Duck Dynasty" last night as well -- cracked me up...

Phil is still the best.
"see a man marchin throgh the woods. And he got those green slacks on. It can only mean one thing. Its time to go." Boom he gone.

I like the new show Robot Combat League. Very cool.

I like the Old Nam Vet that lives in the Country on Weedland.

I like to pretend these type of shows are the edited results of undercover stings, targeted at amateurs who were bringing down the good folk.

Cause like, maybe they just interviewed them after they got caught, and were like "if you play along and let us put you on TV, we'll lighten your sentence, AND!! you'll teach people how to not mess up like you" :smoke1:

The thing that bothered me the most, was how the guy who was growing in the front of his home, had people driving next to his plants and getting dust all up in the air and prolly in his bud:mad: :hitchair: common guys!!:rolleyes:

btw, for those who can't find this show, it's called "Weed Country" I think :eek:

For perspective...Dispensaries amount to about 5% of herb sales in cali. Think about it

Yes, my bad -- it's called "Weed Country. " on wed. evening -- I believe. Sorry.

The old guy did about 4 tours in Vietnam and has suffered from PTSD since. He is growing in the front yard to make a point -- yeah, he's a little crazy, like when he shoots a double bird at the chopper flying over his house. Personally, I'd have just waved and smiled, and I am collecting disability for PTSD as well. He sure is growing some fine smoke in that front yard. I doubt it's very dusty -- looks like fire to me....

Peace

Latest posts

Back