Weed Nation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do you think that is, Hal? I'm thinking it must be a lot cheaper on the streets. They mentioned that Shotwell was getting 400 bucks an oz in his store -- that's pretty pricy -- if you ask me.

Peace

HemperFi said:
Why do you think that is, Hal? I'm thinking it must be a lot cheaper on the streets. They mentioned that Shotwell was getting 400 bucks an oz in his store -- that's pretty pricy -- if you ask me.

Peace

^ that right there is another reason why i really dislike this shotwell guy. he doesn't care at all about helping people. all he can see is $$.

Charges dismissed against Vallejo pot dispensary operator, star of 'Weed Country'

By Jessica A. York/Times-Herald staff writer
Year-old criminal charges were dismissed Thursday against Matt Shotwell, a one-time operator of one of Vallejo's largest medical marijuana dispensaries.

Since February 2012, when the Vallejo Police Department's series of raids on medical marijuana dispensaries launched with Shotwell's arrest at Greenwell Cooperative dispensary, no operators have been convicted.

“Given the facts of this case ... the people feel they cannot prove this case beyond a reasonable doubt,” Deputy District Attorney Jack Harris told Solano County Superior Court Judge Allan Carter. Carter's confirmation of the dismissal was met with applause from a small courtroom crowd of Shotwell supporters.

At least six dispensaries were raided and shut down, some several times, during the police stings last year. Cases relating to all six of those dispensaries have been dismissed since last summer. Similarly, a Fairfield dispensary case was dismissed this month, and a Vacaville dispensary operator was acquitted last April.

Shotwell, the 32-year-old star of the six-episode Discovery Channel reality show “Weed Country,” was arrested and charged with three violations of state law concerning the transportation, distribution or possession of narcotics. He also was charged with two counts of marijuana cultivation, and one count each of possessing marijuana for sale and maintaining a site for marijuana distribution. His arrest came just weeks before a voter-approved Vallejo tax and fee on medical marijuana dispensary operators kicked in, on March 1, 2012.

Shotwell, with tears in his eyes Thursday, said he plans to take time to figure out his next steps, following his case's resolution. He later added that he is facing significant debt with his home mortgage, lawyer's bills and school loans.

In addition to the Greenwell Dispensary seizures, police also confiscated hundreds of marijuana plants, Shotwell's registered handgun, computers, $8,700 in cash, paraphernalia and edible products, among other items. Shotwell said he had submitted asset forfeiture claims early on to have his possessions returned, but they were denied. With Thursday's case dismissal, he and his attorney will try again to recover whatever remains of the seized items, Shotwell said.

“I hope this gives people courage to stay in the business,” Shotwell said of medical marijuana. “This is like the last nail in the coffin for the opponents of medical marijuana in Vallejo.”

Asked if his future plans include reopening a dispensary, Shotwell said he would not rule out the possibility.

Starring in a television show depicting the struggle between medical marijuana growers and law enforcement in northern California was a risk Shotwell said he was willing to take while his case was still in court. He did fear, however, that some would take the show as “poking” at them, and that he would be treated by the justice system as an example.

“I was hoping I'd get off, that was the trend,” Shotwell said, referring to the previous dismissals. “(But) there were some variables that had me nervous.”

Contact staff writer Jessica A. York at (707) 553-6834 or [email protected]. Follow her on Twitter @JYVallejo.

That's actually some pretty good news -- I hate to see ANYONE go to jail because of weed -- even a dickwad like Shotwell.

Peace

That Dude is Lucky,,they woulda threw me under the jail. I can never catch a break from Pigs.:rolleyes:

Personally,,,Im not into the MMJ deal,,,I am for Legalization,,PERIOD. The Majority of PPL who smoke Weed,,Smoke for Pleasure. Most buy Weed to get high. Does it help with Pain and other things,,well of course,,but mostly its about Pleasure. PPL running MMJ Disp. for the most part,,could give a crap about your Pain,,thery want your money. Thats just Business.

WeedHopper said:
Personally,,,Im not into the MMJ deal,,,I am for Legalization,,PERIOD. The Majority of PPL who smoke Weed,,Smoke for Pleasure. Most buy Weed to get high. Does it help with Pain and other things,,well of course,,but mostly its about Pleasure. PPL running MMJ Disp. for the most part,,could give a crap about your Pain,,thery want your money. Thats just Business.

I agree -- Just legalize is my mantra.

Peace

Season finale starting! Oh snap

Now that is entertainment -- unreal, but serious fun to watch. Shotwell may have shot himself in the foot. He is a total scumbag, and now we all know, lol.
Was nice to hear that the meds worked for the little boy. I still think "Grace" farms is a fringe element of what actually goes on there, but Mike and his wife (Tawny?) sure are entertaining. The cops are delusional, out-of-date, and truly set in their ways -- scary.

I liked the show -- I loved seeing all the fine ganga.

Peace

After watching Shotwell spout off, daring "the pigs" to come and bust him, I can't even stand to look at that sleazebag anymore.. I just fast forward the ol' DVR when his face comes on the screen. What a complete d bag

I'm not sticking up for LEO, I just can't believe someone would antagonize on national TV. .. Mike just gave them the boooot.. too funny.. That big guy that was with Shotwell should've at least gone and told Mike he saw some flashlights moving..

The one cop when the neighbor dispute popped up was cool as hell. Wish they all were like that.
Shotwell.... lol Mike sent him packin. Just seeing that on a replay now.

Last couple episodes were quality. Far better than the ones starting the season.

If you are arrested in Cali by State or Local police, and you have a MMJ Rec, then you WILL win in court. The dumb Cops should have known that, and they do. The only reason they take down dispensaries or legal mmj folks is to ONLY hurt them financially, not to incarcerate them, as the case WILL get thrown out of court. Even if you are a clown, like shatswell.

I was recently aressted for a DUI in Jan. Not drunk driving, but for smoking herb.They did not find any herb at all, he said he just smelled it. I laughed at them..all the way to jail..haha. I was relesed in 5 hours and had a court date. They took blood samples from me too. Now, if you know me, then you know my blood is prob half thc.
I went to court yesterday, and they dismissed the case for lack of evidence.
I love my State.

Now Hemper...we woulc not have 2 states that legalized weed if it was not for MMJ. That is a fact. Gotta start somewhere.

WeedHopper said:

You are correct...for the most part. Now, believe that there are many folks, and many dispensaries, that truly care about folks that need thier herb for medical reasons.
But ya, for the most part, it is about money...duh.
What do you think will happen if they legalize it??? It will be ALL about the money. Look at CO and WA, they are settin' up to make BANK.
Why is that wrong at all??? Wouldn't most of you like to grow for a living?

Now, don't feed me that crap about how folks should grow thier own, as that will NEVER happen. Ever. The majority of folks want to buy thier herb, good herb. Many, many reasons.

Overhead. Try growing huge amounts to feed the masses and not charge for it. You will go broke quick fast in a hurry.
It is just like ANY other business. Don't kid yourself.

I was thinking the same thing. I may be well out of my league here when it comes to the grow community but I have been involved in several commercial endeavors over the years. I know that as I become more experienced and proficient at growing to the point that I may want to give away or even sell excess product I would hope there would be a way to do it without meeting strangers. I don't like meeting strangers. A middleman or dispensary seems like an acceptable alternative to me. It's not just about money but also safety and anonymity.

You are right Hal -- gotta start somewhere -- I grow my own, but I sell some too, and it does differ the cost of production. If I were a little younger, and healthier, I'd probably be growing hundreds of plants myself.

There are no dispensaries open here in NV, so we have to grow if we don't want to deal with gangsters. I remember it taking all evening, the blunts, rap music and sitting in some parking lot waiting -- don't want that again.

Grace farms pulled down 300k in product and it was said that they have been growing for 30+ years. You'd think they would know their property lines. Watching them do their thing is kinda like watching Chris Moneymaker win the WSOP -- Hell, if those idiots can do it, I could surly do it myself.

The fact that that little boy's condition improved so drastically shows for sure the medical qualities of MJ, and I'm sure that part of the show will have an impact on people sitting on the fence thinking it's all about money. Opened my eyes a little.

All in all, it was a pretty good show. -- I think.

Peace

NorCalHal said:
You are correct...for the most part. Now, believe that there are many folks, and many dispensaries, that truly care about folks that need thier herb for medical reasons.
But ya, for the most part, it is about money...duh.
What do you think will happen if they legalize it??? It will be ALL about the money. Look at CO and WA, they are settin' up to make BANK.
Why is that wrong at all??? Wouldn't most of you like to grow for a living?

Now, don't feed me that crap about how folks should grow thier own, as that will NEVER happen. Ever. The majority of folks want to buy thier herb, good herb. Many, many reasons.

Overhead. Try growing huge amounts to feed the masses and not charge for it. You will go broke quick fast in a hurry.
It is just like ANY other business. Don't kid yourself.

Me personally Cali,,I just dont give a ****,,,,,,,I just wanna live my life without the freaken Law messen with me or my Wife of 27yrs,, and taking more of my years away from me behind bars for bullshitt.
So I dont care,, one way or the other ,,give it to the Dealers or the Disp,,or let me grow my own ****,,,JUST LEAVE ME THE FK ALONE to live my Life.;)

Taking all the fun out of bud WH.
Seeing those blue lights. Running to the Charger, sliding across the hood and hoppin through the window. Takin off in a high speed chase. Jumping like a creek or barn to get away. Then go downing some beers and calling a wrecker to pull the fuzz out the creek again.

Oh wait. Was that me? Well Im high as hell. Must of been me.

Who gave me a bad Rep,,,and for what???:chuck: You to big coward to confront me??? Course,, Im still not sure what the hell you would be confronting me about. Not agreeing with me ,,does not mean,, you push the Bad Post Button. Show me where that Post,, was out of line.

i'm all for legalization as well, but even if it was legalized. i would still rather grow and sell my pot for medical purposes. rather then just to make a profit. i want to open a dispensary that is exactly like a doctors office. i've never liked how the dispensaries i've seen are set up. i feel like if your using weed for a medical purpose, then when you go pick up your meds. it should look like a medical establishment. not a fancy headshop.

Latest posts

Back