Week 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Using large pots makes it harder when just starting.

Water the pot till water run off. The roots will seek out the best area for their needs.

If growing organic, do not use synthetics. If not growing organically, your soil should have enough nutes for a month or more before adding ferts.

I would not add anything for awhile, unless using R/O. Then I would add organic cal/mg to the water

I still have a quart of synthetic cal/mag to use up, will it hurt anything?

IMG_1237.jpg IMG_1238.jpg The only synthetic i like is the elastic in my underwear! So i'll leave that one alone.
As previously mentioned, im in 15 gal pots, and at the start they got 1 1/2 gallon each and since then they get A little over a qt once a week, im sure that will increase as they grow. I like the water retention im seeing in the large pots.

This meter is the best ive seen, amazon and under $30 if i remember correctly. Im not sure how accurate the ph side reads, i didnt buy it for thet but the moisture meter is very easy to use and i have complete confidence in it. Them 15s are tight in the white house from a "just lift it to see if it needs water standpoint."

I have a quart left and don't know anybody else growing.
I had about 1 quart run off from all 8 after watering measuring 6.3 pH and 1100 ppm
I'm in a bit of a quandry as to what to feed the next batch coming up.
But I have time, some synthetics to use up.

Both grows are packing it in. I thought it would be more obvious grouped with the previous pictures. See top pics #98 and #99 ... this is truly pathetic. I'm going to watch a horror movie where people get slaughtered instead of plants.

Last edited:
By gar, I think they might make it. The bigger pots are just the all purpose organic bag, RO water and I dumped my last batch of tea a week ago.
2nd picture a tad closer, you can see different node lengths (rough start)
Would you trim these?
I'm carrying on with just with RO water, 5.5 runoff 900ppm (do I try and pH?)
tea again in another week
100_0225.JPG
100_0227.JPG

they look pretty good yet I clobbered my microbes with synthetic cal/mag
small wonder I screw this up... whaaaa? are they feeding on the dead microbes?

Last edited:
dammit, I see why duck sez so little... how did I miss "organic cal/mag"? I glossed over it thinking I had cal/mag I wanted to use up (I have an unopened bottle, msg me, pay shipping, it's yours if you're a member I've locked horns with :) I have other hydro stuff too.

I'm a Jeff Lowen... convert. Going organic so re-doing the rooms, I started another thread in room design called "bed" gardening, thanks all who chipped in here!!

My bed ain't here yet and the soil won't be ready for weeks anyways so I have these two grows to finish off in soil. Had a couple nice runs with these two so far. 100% germ and 50% males so far. I expected this kind of growth in hydro , how ironic.
Unless it's just been sooo long since I've seen a healthy plant.

Attachments

• 100_0238.JPG
    100_0238.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 100_0240.JPG
    100_0240.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 39
I'm making some soil and have it "cooking" now. I'm supposed to mix it up every few days and keep it moist.
I noticed it wasn't warm at all so I added a mat and keep it around 75-80. Very wet next day, lid was wet. It is wetter than it was to start with ??? according to my metre.
I'm I screwing up already?

Attachments

• 100_0234.JPG
    100_0234.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 27
When i make a batch of soil, it all gets stirred as the ammendments are being added, on the garage floor. Then it goes into a 32 gsl. Brute container and gets a gallon of tea and a gallon of milk / mollasses dumped on top and the lid goes on. The lid doesnt come off again till im ready to use it, 2 or 3 months latter. Got some going now that wont be used till spring, same procedure.

No heat mats either.

that's a lot of liquid, I guess I don't have to worry much about some moisture under the lid :)
I'm keeping it around 30C with the mat trying to rush it,
I'm hoping usable in less than 2 months.

It seems me the best use of that soil is in flower,
Both grows look fine to me with all purpose, mol, and tea
I'm tempted to do my vegging in just that.

(can't coast in there, stoners make lousy growers,
I absentmindedly sanitized 8 rooter plugs)

For a 30 day cook, re-mix every 3 days.

Every 3 day is better. It allows the fungus mycelium to grow thru your soil medium.

Every 3 day is better. It allows the fungus mycelium to grow thru your soil medium.

I'm glad you brought that up. It seems counter intuitive to "till" at all. We give them 3 days to weave their web and then go in and mess it all up. Why?

We do it so that the fungus mycelium is spread thru out the soil mix fully. By breaking up the web when stirring you actually help it to spread faster in the soil

SO glad I tried organic, thanks for that to all concerned. I used to dread going down there some days.
I'm motoring along on just molasses and tea. I think these last batches, some microbes actually made to the plants alive :)
I had to spread last 4L batch (of tea) amongst 4 females , 4 younguns (under cob) and 8 unsexed under my old LEDs
(all 24/7, off to dry after leaves wet)
It looks like the 4 under the COB want more, they only got a litre.
Saw a dude on youtube put ONLY compost tea bag and NO AGITATION, just sat for 1.5 hrs and "chocolate milk")
any risk in topping up with this? e-coli maybe?
or just go with RO and molasses?

Attachments

• 100_0245.JPG
    100_0245.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 50
  • 100_0246.JPG
    100_0246.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 37
Getting my hands dirty with the 3 day web destruction...
I'd like to get in there with my hands up to elbows, but just dishwashing gloves and healing cuts and scrapes, not exactly air tight....
should I be using a shovel? jeeze i could google this
nope, nothing.
how bad are these bugs for people?

Attachments

• 100_0247.JPG
    100_0247.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 37
The first thing that comes to mind is that all your future children will be born naked, yep and theres nothing you can do about it! Seriously though, reasonable precaution is all that necessary. Studies show that kids who "play in the dirt" are healthier and have less colds etc than more sterile (city) kids. To a degree the microbes are good for us. You were probably full of them even before you started growing weed!

Nice fungi!

Latest posts

Back