Week 2 of NooB Grow!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckCharleston

FotwoZero
Reaction score
I topped and pruned the cough babies to get them to grow out, instead of up. I'm pretty confident in the grow now more then the first week of veg. The replacement nodes are growing better every day and stronger at that!

IMG-20120918-00039.jpg

IMG-20120918-00040.jpg

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Please dont take knife to babe so soon in the birth

BWD

From what I was taught, It's recommended to prune and/or top after the first 5 nodes are visible. Especially earlier in the grow, it's better to start training if you choose to do so. Thanks for your comment drifter.

ChuckCharleston said:
From what I was taught, It's recommended to prune and/or top after the first 5 nodes are visible. Especially earlier in the grow, it's better to start training if you choose to do so. Thanks for your comment drifter.
Am I wrong by saying this?

I wait until they are a little bigger, but I don't know how much of the top you took. When they are bigger and stronger they don't stress as much as smaller plants. It will be interesting to watch this grow. Patience is the most difficult thing about growing to learn. I'm sure they will be fine though....

Peace

HemperFi said:
I wait until they are a little bigger, but I don't know how much of the top you took. When they are bigger and stronger they don't stress as much as smaller plants. It will be interesting to watch this grow. Patience is the most difficult thing about growing to learn. I'm sure they will be fine though....

Peace
ok cool, thanks for the info. I took off about a 1/4 of the main stem just under the new growth to promote the "Y" shape that I've heard so much about for the smaller grows. Indeed, it will be interesting :cool:

I also think your baby was too small to top. And this small, you should be pruning nothing. You might want to check out fimming--IMO fimming is a lot better practice than topping where you lose a lot of growth. Don't be in too much of a hurry and don't love your plants to death. At this point, they should be pretty much left alone to grow.

Tell us about your grow space and the other particulars of your grow--soil mixture, nutes, etc

The Hemp Goddess said:
I also think your baby was too small to top. And this small, you should be pruning nothing. You might want to check out fimming--IMO fimming is a lot better practice than topping where you lose a lot of growth. Don't be in too much of a hurry and don't love your plants to death. At this point, they should be pretty much left alone to grow.

Tell us about your grow space and the other particulars of your grow--soil mixture, nutes, etc
Ok thanks for your input Goddess. I'll look into fimming. So far sense I've topped them, they seem to be doing fine with plenty of healthy new growth. So maybe I lucked out and didn't mess it up too much.

Heya chuck! Good luck with your baby! Im also a noob grower just a little over a month in on my first plant. I didnt top my plants till just last night for the first time as it was much more comfertable for me when it was bigger and easier to make such cuts, and less stressful as I been doing alot of reading and I agree with THG its more stress when its younger. Anyways good luck!

Munkers said:
Heya chuck! Good luck with your baby! Im also a noob grower just a little over a month in on my first plant. I didnt top my plants till just last night for the first time as it was much more comfertable for me when it was bigger and easier to make such cuts, and less stressful as I been doing alot of reading and I agree with THG its more stress when its younger. Anyways good luck!
Hey thanks Munkers!
@ Drifter. It's all good :)

Latest posts

Back