Weird younglings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Trip

Stoneheart :)
Reaction score
My two gals are 1 week old and show some weird leafs, seeds are from a buddy and they should be ak-47 seeds, I've seen some on this forum that turned normal when they grown up but this case is a bit freaky.
I got another two gals, they are 2 week old and grown in same organic soil with no problems until now.I keep the plants outdoor and only put them inside if is a storm or something.
Any feedback ?

What soil are they in, looks like a nute issue...maybe too hot for too young?

It's a mix of organics that my mom uses, it's home made, I got 2 more plants 2 weeks old in the same soil and they got no problems...

It can be normal. They should perk up with some more time and resume the normal growth. Those are plastic cups right ? Half way with soil ? You should transplant them.

I should ? Okey thanks for telling me, I was planing to let em in a bit more.They are 400ml cups so they are a bit larger then 150 ml ones.

ok ... i thought it was 150ml. But still little soil for the next phase. You should repot imo

Do not repot them unless your soil is bad. They are just tiny and couldn't possibly be rootbound. The soil mixture does not look really good however--you need perlite or something like that to lighten it up some.

Yes, the soils drainage is really bad. I'll keep them a bit more in those cups and I'll get better mix for the big pots.

also clear cups arent the best idea, get coloured cups and sit those cups in them.

light can get through a clear cup
roots don't want to see light, not natural
it you have light getting to your roots they will start to grow algae

Cool, I noticed all the pots are colored, but I didn't knew the reason, until now :).

Latest posts

Back