Wet behind the ears with Hydro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsfournineteengotaminuit

420 is a happy time
Reaction score
Hello Everybody. So Cali Here:tokie: I am getting ready to start growing using hydro, well I started about 3 days ago really, with 12 beautiful clones. 6 Hog, 5 G13, and one AK47. I have grown one crop completely in soil that came out..ok. I am three weeks into flowering my second in soil 3 white widow and 4 hindu cush. Doing much better than the first. I know very little about Hydroponics but I am a quick learner and I am asking for help. If there is a Hydro guru out there that would like to take me under his wing I would be a greatful student. I already have a complete set up. Just got news lights . I have done alot of homework on it but nothing compares to talking with someoine that has done it time and time again. Hopefuly keep me from making stupid mistakes. Thanks for now and TOKE IT...its_four_nineteen_gotaminute.

Welcome to MP. Gonna send someone your way. Also gonna move this over to the hydro section. ;)

I am going to include some pictures of my system. Its a drip system that I am gonna run on a timer to come on 8 times a dat to flood the plants. I also installed air stones in the bottom of both tanks. The pictures are going to show a small cabnit, I will be moving the whole system into a 56 inch by 56inch grow tent by Tuesday of next week. In the veg stage I am gonna run a 250 watt mh light then switch to a 360 watt Hortilux bulb and light for flowering. I am going to be growing twelve plants in the system first expanding to 24 as soon as the seeds I ordered get here. The nutrients I have now are from advance nutrients. sensi grow part A&B, with more additives coming. Sucj as Big bud and Blood Bud. Thanks for all the help and keep it coming..........TOKE IT:48:

Sorry forgot to include pics of the system. I also included pics of my nutrients. Just for fun I included some pics of a soil grow I have that is three weeks into flowering. Its three white widow and 4 hindu kush. Thanks again.................TOKE IT:ccc:

9 20 01 a.jpg

9 20 07.jpg

9 20 07 g.jpg

9 20 07 b.jpg

9 20 07 c.jpg

9 20 07 e.jpg

Hey 419, it's good to meetcha. I've been growing weed in hydro for more than 25 years, so if I haven't seen it, I want someone to tell me about it.

Here's one for you; I use a low pressure drip emitter type system combined with NFT, (Nutrient Flow Technique), for my veggies outside in the greenhouse. My emitters are directly against the stems above the surface. I keep a "hood" of thin black plastic over the end of the emitter so as not to have an algae problem.

In your pics, I see no drip lines. Are they below the surface of the lid on the container?

Also, it looks like you have the plants where the roots will grow into the water in the reservoirs. Is that what I'm seeing?

If so, you're using a modified DWC, (Deep Water Culture), system. Modified in the sense that you've combined a drip system and DWC system.

My first and most emphatic suggestion would be to purchase a copy of Dr. Howard Resh's book; "Hydroponic Food Production". I think edition 6 is the latest.

You'll learn more about hydroponics from that book and it's photos and drawings than 10 years of experience will teach you.

I've read it at least 10 times, cover to cover. I've spent countless hours pouring over the photos of systems in it and spent twice that amount of time designing my own systems from what I learned in that book.

(Twice "countless"...hehe)

I've used ebb and flow to grow weed in, exclusively. What it does for MJ is truly awesome.

I have the very system I use and have used for quite some time, in the DIY area of this forum. I also have a couple of Journals in the Journal area of grows that I used this system with.

Good luck to you man, and if you have questions, just post them in the hydro area and I'll see them, (or one of the other members will tell me about it), and I'll jump into the thread.

Thanks for the help folks. I am going to move over to a grow Journal on this forum and back date it to the begining. Going to try to cover every detail and learn as much as possible so follow up there for more pics.........TOKE IT

My first and most emphatic suggestion would be to purchase a copy of Dr. Howard Resh's book; "Hydroponic Food Production". I think edition 6 is the latest.
Easier said than done. :eek:

The book is 'discontinued' at my hydro store, and there are only 'used' copies of it online. :doh:

edit: I found this awesome site (http://www.gettextbooks.com) that helped me find a new copy. :D
I also stumbled upon this preview of the book, for those who want to (legally) check out parts of the book.

Bubby said:
Easier said than done. :eek:

The book is 'discontinued' at my hydro store, and there are only 'used' copies of it online. :doh:

It's been several years since the last edition was published. A book store may have copies.

If not, I buy used books online all the time. I've never had one come in anything but pristine condition.

You'll not regret buying it. I can promise you that.

Latest posts

Back