What Are The Basics of LEDs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldgeezer

Reaction score
The subject of leds for flowering marijuana is out there. What i am looking for is ,because of limited money my operation is both small and most of the components were self constructed. To but it short I have don't have the money honey but I sure have the time. I have seen such simply things such as 2 strings of led Christmas tree light one blue and one red and put on a piece of ceiling tile. So if someone can but it in simple easily understood terms it would be greatly appreciated.

I dont believe x mas tree lights are cost evective, and im not sure thatd work..

With LEDs you can control the spectrum of your light, it also uses a alot less energy.. some people are all for them while others complain they are to expensive and do not finisth the buds to full maturity.. they also cover a smal space compared to 5x5 per 1k hps.. LEDs from what i understand cover the size of the light.. In small grows or for vegging i see them as being a plus but for flower id go with a hps.. im not an expert i just was intrested in led lights my self and this is this is the conclusion ive come too.. im sure some other MPer will chime in with their knowledge of LEDs. and they dont get hot..
Aloha
Squidy

As a first time grower im not very knowlegable as far as the growings concerned but with some help from people on here I have survived this long with a 90 watt ufo LED light. Im not so sure that christmas lights would work though lol... Ive had ALMOST no problems as far as vegging goes so far and by next week(maybe 2) I am going to be switching over to 12/12 on my lights and giving the flowering stage my full attention and doing my best to tend! Some of the ups to LEDs as squidy was saying was they dont get hot, which means easy to control room temps and no burning of your plant when the lights are really close/touching. Also with no heat your soil retains water/moisture longer which means less feeding. The downsides being that it doesnt work AS WELL and a HID but IT DOES WORK with not nearly as good results. This LED is great for experimenting though as well as learning to grow being my first time because it still works. My next grow I plan on buying HIDs so do what makes you happy. Either way it WILL cost you some money (And I doubt it will be on christmas lights LMAO) to go through with this the right way.

Most LEDS are not there yet, they work for vegetative growth but not for flowering. The ones that do a pretty good job are very expensive. It's easy to get taken by unscrupulous LED sales people so be careful. Oh and Xmas lights are not gonna cut it.

i am currently watching a plant vegitive stage with an led i have yet to see the flowering stage there is plenty of stems and leaves and from what i have read theres plenty of what look like pods for flowers i believe the plant is at two months into its life .i would look up advancedleds.com

Beware of grows done by the people selling the lights. There is a lot of fraud and over-exaggeration about what a lot of these lights will do. The ones getting the job done are quite costy.

nouvellechef said:
Plus verbal dispute action!

We both know although unfortunate, some of the most informative threads have that. When we stop asking questions and challenging things we will have lost the edge and become stagnant.

check out my grow with only LEDs, no flowering pics yet but tomorrow ill have a few up

hXXp://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62713

Latest posts

Back