what are the benefits of using CO2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkHorse007

Reaction score
I was watching a video on youtube last night and a guy had a CO2 system in this grow room and was talking about turning it on for weeks 5 and 6 of flowering. ive heard people talk about it on here a little but im not sure what exactly what it does and is it really worth it?

It is if your grow room is well sealed and you have your grows dialed in.

I love CO2, it makes my plants grow really good :hubba:

Hundreds of clinical and field tests have effectively confirmed that enhancing the air with co2 energizes the growth of nearly all vegetation.They have also exposed that higher-than-normal CO2 levels considerably enhance the performance with which vegetation utilize water, sometimes as much as increasing it in reaction to a increasing of the air's CO2 content.

:stoned: whoah! totally forgot that i started this post. thanks for the info guys ive got some reading to do!

yeah i read that thread 3 times to make sure the info would stick. its a really good read

There are other parameters that should also be met when running CO2. You want enhanced lumens, an air-tight space, the ability to control exhaust and warmer than normal temps.

What THG said plus, humidity must be controlled.

Will the cost of the C02 make it worth while?

with 30 - 40 percent more yield you be the Judge

although it gives higher yields if you were just a personal grower i would think the costs would start to catch up to you but if you were a commercial grower or had some sort of profit from growing it would be worth it and like someone said you would have to have a completely sealed up grow room to do this

i will try to find the video again that started all this for me it was quite an impressive grow room

here it is this is one expensive growroom

youtube.com/watch?v=bK8quYqf8w0

Bottled Co2 can add up fast.
A Co2 generator pays for itself fast, and propane the lasts a very long time with no questions or funny looks when you refill.

For small grows get a Hydrogen minigen.

Pcduck recently started using it. When I can afford a controller, I will put it in my flowering room.

DarkHorse007 said:
has anyone here ever even used CO2?

Yep:)....Like Growdude I use a HydroGen Mini. I use a/c reflectors with their own intake and exhaust with a CAP TMP-DNe on the exhaust fan. A CAP Air-3 for controlling Humidity, temp, and CO2. For monitoring and more precise control for the CO2 I use a CAP PPM-4. I have 2 exhaust fans one for the lights and one for the environment inside my tent.

CAP TMP-DNe hBIUp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/cap-tmpdne-adjustable-heatingcooling-thermostat-p-360.html

CAP Air-3 hBIUp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/cap-air3-temperature-humidity-and-co2-control-p-363.html

CAP PPM-4 hBIUp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/cap-ppm-co2-monitor-and-controller-p-3013.html

HydroGen hBIUp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/hydrogen-minigen-water-cooled-co2-lp-generator-p-2792.html

You will always see improvement with the addition of CO2 but to take full advantage of CO2 you must have your grow dialed in first.

I have found that a great way to make CO2 on the cheap is to brew honey mead in your space throughout flowering. You can to it during veg too, as when increase the co2 levels to 1200ppm the plants typically grow 30% faster and more vigirous(ed rosenthal). You can purchase the homebrew kit for under $10, and it rapidly releases co2 for approx one month. Hope this helps to those who can't afford the expensive store bought systems.

you will need:

1 or 5 gallon glass jug(you can also get one of those wine gallons as long as it is glass)$2-5
-Perculator/rubber cork for the top of your glass jug which allows the co2 to release without blowing the jug up(sold at brew store)-$2-5
- 1 champagne yeast packet $1
-1 quart of honey $5

I am purchasing a CAP XCG-1e complete greenhouse controller for this grow and will be implementing co2 as well. ive been studying and I think its the answer to my heat issues as well. due to high temps here and high humidity where i live 100 deg 100% Rh at time in the summer! the introduction of co2 like THG said will make the higher temps more sustainable. it has a ppm meter/sniffer built in and runs everything on timers lights fans etc. even a feed system if i choose although i like to hand feed. it was 600 bucks. hope i see a return on investment! i use bottled co2 and its about 20 buck every two weeks. not too bad cost wise! I just wanna get another twenty# bottle so i hav a backup when the one is empty so i dont have to go without. so do you guys use co2 throughout the whole flower?

Latest posts

Back