What are you listening to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need another music thread...I am always interested in hearing stuff I might not otherwise hear, as well as some classics and guilty pleasures. :D

No live links please. If you want to post the whole link without changing tt to xx then make sure you uncheck the second box under Miscellaneous Options for Automatically parse links in text. It keeps the link from being live.

I just discovered the band WolfMother. They are from Australia and they kick serious butt. If you like 70's hard rock you should give them a listen. They are a newer band that plays retro rock, and they do it well. Led Zeppelin meets Black Sabbath and Deep Purple.

This is New Moon rising>>>>

This is Love Train>>>

Dave Matthews Band - Cortez The Killer - LIVE From MSG New York 11.30.2018 - YouTube

These guys were the first categorized 'psychedelic' rock band in America, late '66 .. they were all from Texas

This album was their first .. I've met Roky a few times at parties .. got pics

.Quays were nice but liquid demerol was my love . it was about access

Demerol? Even junkies wouldnt touch that in my day, they called it dummy oil....I dont think I ever tried it. Dilaudid now, another story.

Bubba

Always had a weak spot in the day for Tuinal as well. It would have been a hard choice between that and a big green 750 mil Placidil.
MMMMM, squeezy gel caps...

Bubba

Another blast from the way, way past was liquid Morphine Sulphate. Just pull the rubber plug you would stab a needle though and pour the contents into a small bowl. Mix enough weed to absorb, set aside to dry. Now there was some go to meetin' weed right there.

Bubba

placidils were great for coming down on acid, shrooms everyday chores

the liquid came from pharmacy, my junkie friend's little sis worked the pharmacy .. love was easy back then

Here's the frontman for the Thirteenth Floor Elevators of the 60s after leaving a Texas psych hospital and on his own and covering Lou Reed & Nico's song Heroin .. Lou's song would have Quaaludes melting with love but Roky's version is a heavy 8 Ball infusion .. fitting for the times

Roky’s sister-in-law is one of my best friends & has been since we were 16, back in the 60’s. She’s married to his brother, Mikel.

These guys were the first categorized 'psychedelic' rock band in America, late '66 .. they were all from Texas

Must have been the ZZ Topp documentary I saw them on, as according to wikipedia, Billy Gibbons (Of ZZ Topp) was influenced by them in the 60's.

Bubba

Having some homegrown jamming out

Attachments

• 20210605_221344_HDR(3).jpg
    20210605_221344_HDR(3).jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 4

[/QUOTE

I remember this band. Didn't realize they were so early. Yeah, I was there, passing and taking pills without question.

Late hubs was a deadhead. I have several LPs. Back in the day he had the wall to wall Pioneer system. He had the whole apartment complex on fire all day long.
I never really liked them on album. But when I went to the concert in Berkeley back in winter 1980, it was just amazing. Two days after, I went to the after-gig party at "Doctor" Dan's house in Petaluma. Everyone was there except Jerry Garcia. I had taken along a lid of some purple weed I'd picked up in Garberville, if you know where and what that place is like. But that's another story. Everyone seemed to like my weed but the trunk freezer in the corner was the biggie. It was full of things. Mainly I recall Dan pulling out a big jar of Columbian crystals and feeding it into a grinder. I stayed over and the next morning after breakfast, me, and Warren, a famous guy from the Beats who wore a black eyepatch, and Marc, a hotshot attorney whose parents owned a ranch in the Napa, went driving around in a 1930s pickup, coked out of our heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back