What are you treating with Cannabis?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it's going better. Thanks, ClosetGrow420.

As far as the MMJ cert, it's not that easy. But, from what I understand is that the law is fairly vague. So, it is possible to get it for arthritis pains.

im treating my A.D.D and my B.O.R.E.D._.N.E.S.S
and my love for T.O.KE.I.N.G up !!!

Insomnia and anxiety.
Without herb. I'd be on a pill to go to sleep, a pill to chill me out, a pill to keep me from being depressed, and would prolly be a full blown alcy to calm my head down (I have a tendency to dwell on things, weed helps calm that down and keep my head in the game).
Also, I just love to toke. It's my favorite hobby next to growing it. :D
I just wish that it was Decriminilized...even med legal here...I know I would get a prescription.

sounds like she is part of the problem as well.

be good to you.....

no one belongs to anyone.

SmokinMom said:
Hey Ben, I am glad the mj is helping. And I am sorry about the wife. My hubby feels much the way she does. It took about 8 yrs for me to make any headway and convince him differently. He still isn't 100%, but it is getting a little better. He also doesn't know how often and how much I use. ;)

Maybe you could try showing her all the side effects those medications can have. If she approves and lets you smoke, will you be discontinuing the medications?

I too have some depression/anxiety issues and I find the mj helps. I am slowly weaning myself from my med, celexa.

Good luck.

Careful with Celexa, Mom. It can have a lot of bad after effects, including a deeper depression. I will never take it again ...

mal_crane said:
Careful with Celexa, Mom. It can have a lot of bad after effects, including a deeper depression. I will never take it again ...

Hey mal, thanks for the concern. I am pleased to say I withdrew from the Celexa just fine, it's been about 6 weeks since I took any. I think it was making me worse...sure as hell wasn't making me any better....lol.

I quit effexor once...now thats one bad med. Don't ever take effexor. If a Dr tries to give you effexor, run the other way!!!!!!!!

I am in a good place mentally these days. I guess you can say I've come to terms with my dads death. I think the exercise is working wonders too. Hopefully I will never have to take any antidepressants ever again!!!

:D

i had a ruptured disk between my l4 and l5 vertabrea....ive been off painkillers including morphiene since a month or so after surgery. i have never been happier to be off pills and odds are i will not go back. i needed a fusion when i was 18 turning 19 but here i am yrs down the road and i just deal with the pain and medicate when i can. i was on every type of painkiller imaginable, and they do nothing but mask the pain only for it to return needing to take even more medicine the next time. not so with smoking MJ.

i will never accept someone who tells me smoking pot is bad because they can never give me one good reason other than "its illegal".

forget societys morality....pills are way way worse!!!!!!!!!

thank you god for putting the plant for me to sow here on this earth!!

To answer the topic of the thread, I started using marijuana as a recreational drug. When I was younger I found that it treated my insomnia very well. These days, I notice that it also helps battle my chronic depression and anxiety to the point where I've become a completely different, happier person than I am without it. After screwing up my back at work, I smoke to alleviate the pain caused by deteriorating vertabrae and pinched discs in my lower back.

Mom, I had a friend who was illegally hooked on effexor and it messed up his personality and mind.

Chronic IBS, essentially cured by smoking. Before I started smoking, I would have to go to the hospital to stop the IBS flares. Aboout two weeks ago for medical tests I stopped smoking to test how well the pot was controlling flares compared to Fennergin, and Roxy for breakthrough pain. Mind you my IBS is one of a small percent of extreme cases. I had a 6 day flare where I couldn't eat anything, and couldn't drink more then 2 tablespoons of liquid every 10 minutes. At the end of the flare I was hospitalized in the emergency room and bagged on IV, 6 hours and 3 bags later and 3 doses of dilaudid, I walked out of the Emergency room, feeling slightly better and thousands of dollars poorer. After the flare I phoned my doctor and after 7 days of not eating I was told to go back to the MMJ regieme. Later that day I cooked and made my own pizza from scratch. Unfortunately it appears to be genetic as my father also suffers from extreme IBS. He lives in a state where medical MJ is not an option as of yet unfortunately. and has been suffering for 30 years, and has full govermental disability. Yet he could just smoke some pot, and actually be productive and probably not even need the disability. This world of ours is pretty silly.

i smoke to get to sleep.
starting in high school i was unable to fall asleep. it was like my body was worn down but my mind was ready and raring to go. i would lay there for hours with the light off and just trying to sleep, but was totaly unable to. i would go for days on end not sleeping. at 17 my doctor perscribed me valum to take before bed but the days after i took it i felt like i was a walking corpse. it finally got so bad that i was staying awake for 10-15 days on end. i was living in a perpetual daze. then i met my best friend chris. at first i just saw her as a girl i liked so i asked her out. about 2 weeks after we started dating i was in the midst of a realy bad "episode".
one day after school she came over and told me that she smoked, at first i was all like "what? thats bad stuff!" then she told me about her weed naps. the first time i smoked i didnt get high... i got blitzed!!!! i literaly slept the whole weekend, i mean literaly from about 10 friday night till my mom woke me for school on monday. ever since then i have been a daily smoker. hell i even smoke when i can sleep. i havent had an "episode" in 6 months. i do still get them but they rarely last more than a day or 2. of coarse by the second night you better believe that i procured some smoke.

I've noticed lately a lot of feedback from people's Doctors, warning people not to use MJ for depression, because it is a depressant. I think this is another wave of misinformation and part of the larger attempt to discredit the medicinal qualities, as well as keep depressed people on pharmies!

why prescribe speed for hyperactivity? no pharm company is dropping cash into doctors accounts so when it comes to marijuana i take everything they say with a grain of salt. or a gram of .......

http://www.norml.org//index.cfm?Group_ID=7002

This link has enough information and the sub links included have sources from medical institutions whose authority can not be denied. If she disagrees with you despite a the fact that there is a great sea of information, then she is devoid of logic which is a mental illness which needs to be cured.

Latest posts

Back