What brand soil is good to use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getmelifted

Reaction score
Right now IM using Fox farm soil
hXXp://www.hydroponics.net/i/131530
And I guess its ok

But looking to see what you all are using for indoor?

Fox Farm ocean forest is great. I like happy frog due to its low price. just not miracle grow

Fox Farm is probly the best soil on the market IMO. You can use MG, you just need to learn how to use it properly.

I use CANNA Terra Professional Plus, seems to do the job.

If you just wanna pay for dirt then fox farm, but you could make your own soil from composting and adding ammendments and it would probably be just as good.

I use exclusively ProMix w/ a little worm castings indoors. All nutrients are added via watering. I think Fox farm is great and have had great success w/ it in the past but on a larger scale I found Promix was more predictable, easier for me to maintain, and more economical - it's more of a growing medium than a soil but thats my thing. Good luck.

Hello,

You'll find many opinions on soil but FFOF is consistently at the top the list. There are many quality products available and much of your decision depends on how much you want to feed nutrients from bottles to your plants. If you want to grow more naturally move toward products like FFOF and Roots Organic which are quality soils that have a rich mix of organic amendments that will naturally feed your plant through growth and require less or no nute feedings from a bottle. Or you can go with weaker substrates and there are many good products like Light Warrior, ProMix, Bio Biz Light, and Roots Coco Fiber that are used like soil but these have little or no nutrient value in them. These require all their nute feedings to come from a bottle.

The richer the soil mix, the less you'll need to use bottled nutes. Some growers use heavily amended rich soils that only require water for most and FFOF is a great choice.

Happy Growing!:cool:

I make my own mix. I compost like Alien suggested, and add worm castings I get from a worm farm I made (inspired by the DIY thread in here). I also add Humus, Bat Guano, sweet Lime, Perlite, and epsom salt. I feed with worm tea and top feed with bat guano (if neccesary). This is not for seedlings or just rooted clones though...too hot.

I am a coco nut,I also use guanos and casings,seaweed extract for rooting and foilage spraying during flower,you all probably it as budswell,but you can get sea magic for 12-15.00 for 3 16 oz power bags,each makes 1 gallon of monster mix,and each of those gallons will make 50 gallons of final mix,everyone has diff tastes,you will find your monster mix as you grow,just remember more expensive mixes aren't always the best,growing your own meds does not have to cost an arm and a leg

hey friend,stay safe,us buckeyes must be verwee quiet,but thanks to our bros in that state that us buckeyes don't talk about,we may see meds legal soon,good luck,and I agree go bucks,we ohioians just want to win a few,haha,lol

huh, no 'sunshine' users here eh?
it's very popular around here.

This is definitly a preference question as one could argue that there said medium is best but may not float my boat! That being said I use Pro Mix Bx with alittle added dolomite lime 1TBL spoon per gallon soil!

Phatpharmer

I use Gardener's Gold Organic Potting Mix. I like it very much.

Friend-of-a-friend said:
I make my own mix. I compost like Alien suggested, and add worm castings I get from a worm farm I made (inspired by the DIY thread in here). I also add Humus, Bat Guano, sweet Lime, Perlite, and epsom salt. I feed with worm tea and top feed with bat guano (if neccesary). This is not for seedlings or just rooted clones though...too hot.

I'm a mix guy myself and i use "BlackGold" pottingsoils. the organic one includes the basic worm castings and when i mix it up with the coco coir i get the best bang for the buck imo........I also use coffee grounds , eggshells and other organic materials.

Fox Farms is great soil. I've always used it with added perlite and nothing but good results. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

dubblehue said:
pardon my ignorance, but what is "sunshine?"
just another type of soil (like fox farms has "ocean forrest", this is sungro's "sunshine mix #_ " (many different #'s, best is 4 for growing. i really liked their organic soil, but can't find it.)

just got some PLAGRON BAT MIX ive heard and read good things whats u guys opinion

Latest posts

Back