what do u think about this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think for that kind of money you could find something way better but that's just me.

well, i don't mean to threadjack, but since we're asking questions about potential set-ups....

...in about 7 months when i'm back in the states and have my own place, i want to have a proper set-up with which to pursue this most-noble of hobbies. just from my very first cheesy grow, i've learned a lot about plants, life, myself...the world. it's amazing what something so little as growing a plant can teach you (or me, in this case). i want to continue doing this, but without the ghetto set-up.

so what do you think of this:
40"x40"x80" grow tent
http://cgi.ebay.com/GROW-TENT-ROOM-...ryZ42225QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

600watt HPS & MH lamp
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-600-watt-GR...emZ180060247082QQcategoryZ42225QQcmdZViewItem

or should i spend (a lot) more and get the inline air cooled lamps?

and then of course an inline fan
http://cgi.ebay.com/6-inch-INLINE-F...itemZ7741712903QQcategoryZ42225QQcmdZViewItem

maybe a few little fans closer to the plants...
...and then will i need an air filter or odor eliminator?
http://search.ebay.com/grow-filter_...0QQsargnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ2QQsbrftogZ1QQsofocusZbs

i don't think i'm ready for hydroponics yet, so i'll grow soil. could i get 6 plants going with this setup? each plant in a 1'x1' square pot?

won't be able to do this for at least another 7 months...but a guy can dream...

thanks for the feedback
offgrid

4d93_1.JPG
very expensive but looks professional.

No one should EVER buy a DWC setup. It is such a waste of cash becuase it is so easy to build a very high quality one yourself. Better than any I have seen for sale anywhere. It blows my mind something like the picture above could retail for over 100 bucks while it can be built for just over 30.... Wow, I just looked at the ebay link for that item $400!!! Insane. Please send me that cash and I will build you one. ;)

You can make one of these yourself for much, much cheaper. And you can make one that holds a lot more plants. I wouldn't mind having one of those giant grow boxes that guy has on his other listings. Just too much moneys for me!

I was also looking to purchase my first kit through that company... Expect a month to get your product... They are a bunch of slackers.

well, they're probably built to order. I don't think they have a ton of prebuilt ones just waiting to be sold. $1500-8000 depending on the model is a lot for most people. But man...That 8000 dollar shed is awesome.

Oh, I know they are... but one person could build one of these in half a day. Especially someone that does it for a living.

Yeah definately! I've been reading about set ups like crazy. It's too bad I think I found my passion.. and of course my luck.... its illegal.
hah. anyway yeah you can make your own and I think you would feel a million times better about it... give you a real sence of pride.
I'm planning to do the same thing. I think I'll buy one of those super cheap storage sheds from wal mart or something, they run a couple hundred i think depending on the size you want. the one I want is like $389. Everything Else I'd probably DIY.
And yeah you can definately dream. Nothing would ever happen if people didn't dream. You just gotta make that a reality one day.

yeah but without the dream, the version of reality that's being created is merely the most convenient...survival never looks beyond itself. so dreams are important, otherwise you'd never know what was the point of being alive.

i understand that i'll feel more pride if i make EVERYTHING myself...but honestly, i'd rather spend more time on the plant than on the set-up. besides, i couldn't show anybody anything anyway (lots of anys) because it would have to be secret. the only place i could show it off is here on the net. no, i'm more concerned with creating a nice environment and having my work show in the plant, than in the hand-made set-up where i won't even be owning the home or apartment in which it's created.

i understand the whole point of ghetto grow...i just want to move beyond it! ^_^v

that looks like a cloner. i seen just that but you can do 100 of them at once for 115$ I saw this at the Hydro Hobby down my road.

Latest posts

Back