What happened to my soil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I EAT WEED

Reaction score
I'm using BLACK GOLD, and i'm in week 7 of veg and I went to water today and the little girls were wilting like all hell! I went to water, and basically a gallon of water went in, and came out the bottom. The soil seems pretty hard, and it doesn't want to take water. What do I do? Is this because they could be outgrowing their current pots? I ran a couple gallons of water through them and it seemed to hold some of it, but I think I need to do something before they stop wilting and ultimately turn color and die.

Might be time for a transplant.

What size pots are you using?

Peace

They are 3.5 gallon pots. I didn't want to go any bigger than that, since it worked fine last time. Is it even possible that the root system can be that much larger this time around only at 7 weeks?

my plants roots were coming out the bottom in that size pot , when i replanted it the roots were tangled around the whole pot

think it is safe to put them in 12/12 now or should i repot into 5 gallon pots?

i would try transplanting them to a new pot with new soil or some new soil if the soil is that compacted to not take on water or to jsut take it on slowly that could mean that it would be hard for the roots to breath

MG does wonders for that side of it btw

Uk1 said:
MG does wonders for that side of it btw

yeah, you need some peat moss and things to soak up the water. The Miracle Grow soil that I'm using works great for this actually. I think I'm going to use it next go though because of its additive nutes that I don't really care for (burning tips of plants etc.).

ehh i dunno, they are thriving like CRAZY now, the biggest bushiest, healthiest grow I've had, so I think i'm going to set them into 12/12. I figure the flush before the change should loosen the soil enough to bring it back to life.

Latest posts

Back