what im doing wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcfly

Reaction score
last week,i have germanated 4 irie bagseeds.i planted them about 1/2 deep in soil.i have them under 2 reflector 100watts cfls.the lights are about 6inches away from plant.i put them on a 18/6hr cycle.
NOTHING pop out the soil yet.
this is my second time tryen to get the seed to pop the soil
what im doin wrong.
i also planted the seed with the tail facing the dirt.
i also water and keep moist.

hey McFly, I leave out the back to the future replies even tho its tempting :p
I don't have mine under any lights when i sprout em. I let em poke there heads out first. Then put em under the flos about the distance you have em at now. I find its easier to keep the soil moist and a good temp not too warm that way until they work themselves out ;)
Also when you say "1/2 way" how deep? like 1"-2" or 1'-2'
I find it takes about 3 days or so to pop out once I pre-germed the seeds.
Also is the soil your using pre-fert? i find a neutral medium is the best way to start em. Pre-fert has a tendancy to be hot and could be burnin up your sprouts. I use top soil/Espoma Bio Start/greensand/ Lime/ and perlite/vermiculite as my starter medium. Then i step up into my hot mix soils when they get a good start on em.
They do have seed starter soils...but i mix everything myself.

Mutt said:
hey McFly, I leave out the back to the future replies even tho its tempting :p
I don't have mine under any lights when i sprout em. I let em poke there heads out first. Then put em under the flos about the distance you have em at now. I find its easier to keep the soil moist and a good temp not too warm that way until they work themselves out ;)
Also when you say "1/2 way" how deep? like 1"-2" or 1'-2'
I find it takes about 3 days or so to pop out once I pre-germed the seeds.
Also is the soil your using pre-fert? i find a neutral medium is the best way to start em. Pre-fert has a tendancy to be hot and could be burnin up your sprouts. I use top soil/Espoma Bio Start/greensand/ Lime/ and perlite/vermiculite as my starter medium. Then i step up into my hot mix soils when they get a good start on em.
They do have seed starter soils...but i mix everything myself.

thks,i will turn off my lite until sum break the soil,also the soil im using is farfard potting soil.and i also brought mircale-gro cactus soil.i dont use them together.i dont know wats a good soil to get.

What is your germination technique? Are you soaking the seeds overnight and then into soil? I soak my seeds for 12 hours or so and then put them in a moist paper towel in a zip lock baggie till they hve nice sized tap roots...then they go into soil and get watered....

Hamster Lewis said:
What is your germination technique? Are you soaking the seeds overnight and then into soil? I soak my seeds for 12 hours or so and then put them in a moist paper towel in a zip lock baggie till they hve nice sized tap roots...then they go into soil and get watered....

I put my seeds in a shot glass an fill it up wit water.then i put it the oven for the heat an darkness.i have sum germanated now they just split open showing alil of white.

Wow...never heard of using the oven...I usually just put the baggie with the moist paper towel somewhere warm..not hot...like on top of the cable box...

how do read the numbers when you buy nutrients.whats the best brand an can i get it from places lke home depot

Latest posts

Back