What instruments do you play?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headband

Reaction score
just curious what my fellow MP users might play??
i have Mega Rectifier, Gibson Les Paul, and a Taylor acoustic. I also taught my self how to play the piano, and have a baby grand up stairs.

Martin Acoustic here...
Had to hock my Fender strat with FR trem, a gibson les studio, and my fender super twin reverb :(
One day might be able to get what i really want a PRS.

Bach Strad. Trumpet. If you can believe I've been playing house music lately too!! Wish I could share the proline model I get in an inheritance, and brag on the family a bit, but...what you don't know can't hurt me!!

Well it looks like we can have an MP band. if we are as talented musicians as we are growers, i think we got an idea to run with here......

Bass here (4 string):
Erine Ball custom built stingray (avatar <--)
1962 Fender J bass
home made "gecko body" with Duncan pickups
Michael Kelly acoustic 4 stringer

Peavy Raptor Guitar :)giggle: )
Martin Acoustic Guitar

i also have an old yamaha 5 piece drum kit that i bang around on.

I play the skin banjo and accoustic guitar but i don't have all the strings on the accoustic so i just stick with the skin banjo these days.

for those who like martin, check out Taylor, by far the best acoustic guitars made. kills martin.

headband said:
for those who like martin, check out Taylor, by far the best acoustic guitars made. kills martin.

my sister has one , and i can say you speak the truth my man. good post.

I have been thinking about learning how to play guitar lately. I have NO idea how to read music or anything like that. Could a cheap accoustic work to learn on?

SmokinMom said:
I have been thinking about learning how to play guitar lately. I have NO idea how to read music or anything like that. Could a cheap accoustic work to learn on?

of course!

one of the biggest diffs. between that and a higher end one (that a new player would be worried about at least) would be how good it sounds, and if you're just practicing you dont need to worry much about that

yep.

i actually started playing guitar long after bass, and i got a $60 used acoustic (im a lefty and thats literally the only thing i could find wihtout having to order a brand new one)

as long as its built as an instrument and not a toy, then it will help you progress into bigger and better things!

How cool, thanks. :)

My brother taught himself decades ago. He is pretty good. I wonder how I'll be..lol.

I`ve got 2 turnatables, a mic, an mpc2500, a ton of records/CDS/DVDs, and protools. Im a work in progress.

wow, alot of fancy equipment on here, i'll post a few of my songs so they can get famous like: god i'm stoned...thats not the name of the song, just the reason i forgot the name. i got me a couple 6 stringers and have played almost a few decades. country and chicago blues here, used to be into thrash. smokinmom, a $50 guitar would be your best bet for learning...after your fingers play more than 15 minutes, you'll either love it or hate it...the pain will go away with more playing. any help you need, just ask on here....alot of us can help you in which ever kind of music your preference is. from chord charts to songs, you'll get hooked up.

SmokinMom said:
How cool, thanks. :)

My brother taught himself decades ago. He is pretty good. I wonder how I'll be..lol.

When you go to look for one I would try a few out before hand.

The most important factor when buying an accoustic is can you get your fingers round the neck ok, go with someone who can play and get them to make you play som bar chords on it. Some accoustics have a fatter neck and if you hand is too small it will just make you wanna give up.

i have a vintage guild acustic, gretcsh thin hollow body, gibson banjo

yes mom, and yes youll hate it after the first 15, but get threw it. I bought a guitar and just played played and played. Thats the only way to get better, so if you want to have fun, play tunes you want, and its seriously a self accomplishment after you play something you just couldn't get at first. Its the best thing in the world. Just very time consuming.

Latest posts

Back