What is a good Feed schedule?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whereismymind69

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I have some hydro experience but my yields are not as good as i would like and that's because I am not too sure of what when and how much nutes and aditives i should add.

I am about to start a new crop and i want to do it well from the beggining.

Does anybody know a good guide for nutes? or ... can you tell me what and how you do it?

Thanks!!!!!!!

Start off with the 3part General hydropnics nutrients. They work well and are easy to understand. GH has a guide for there nutes.

I agree. GH is great. Try some stuff called hygrozyme, its expensive but well worth every penny. Go a little lighter than the bottle says, just to be safe. Do some research on feeding. With hydro if you are doing flood and drain then there are many different times and durations to feed. 4-5 times per cycle with a 20 minute flood works well if you have a medium such as hydroton or silica rocks. But with something that hold more water like rockwool you want to water less because it hold much more water. This is the very tip of the iceberg, you should do some extensive reading to see whats best for you. GL

Right, are they 2in. cubes?? If so then figure that its all hydroton, once the roots get big its like that cube isn't there. The 4-5 times would work for you. But if you have co2 then maybe 5-6 times for 5-10 minutes longer since they have accelerated growth rates. Water temp. is key 60-70 no higher. 65 being perfect. Ph as well should stay around 5.8-6.

If i use the three part GH nutrients can i add some big bud liquid that i got from my previous grow?????

I am not sure. I would stick with one brand if you are not sure. GH makes koolbloom liquid and koolbloom powder. They are to be used during flower and have a feeding schedule on the bottle. GH also makes floralicious Bloom that is an organic additive that makes your res. smell like sh**. I use all those and hygrozyme and it works out great. You could stick with fox farm if you have a lot of big bud left, they are a stand up company.

Mine is a month old. I have a drip system on timer 1hr on/off throughout day. eventually I will sync with light since the plant doesn't feed in the dark.

It all depends on strain. I always feed them higher and higher ppm's till I burn the tips, then back off just a hair.

For my current grow, I'm using Fox Farm soil and nutrients and I'm following their feeding schedule to the letter. It's pretty detailed; you can find it on their web site. Fox Farm products are superior quality and other posters have had success with this approach so I'm giving it a try.

Check here:

hxxp://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/soilfeed.pdf

hxxp://www.generalhydroponics.com/calculator/index.html

From seedling through bud - GH 3 part does the trick.

Latest posts

Back