What is in your backyard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The carnage-my Fogey bird feeders survived intact
BFAB1F3E-93A6-4D6D-A3FD-F596463179B4.jpeg
F0C4CEA8-EFA3-40C2-944A-0BF5AA7FA9B5.jpeg

though

So sad, just texting with my brother. He has an injured deer in his backyard probably from coyotes that live in the woods nearby. He lives in the city. Ga department of wildlife referred him to the local sheriffs department. I guess he is waiting for them to come put the deer out of its misery.

If your county cops shoot anything like my county cops, your brother will have an injured and wounded deer.
I shot next to a few at the range. The one dude was really bad. He saw my target and said, "Wow! I outta just shoot myself!"
I said, "Better take two rounds."

If your county cops shoot anything like my county cops, your brother will have an injured and wounded deer.
I shot next to a few at the range. The one dude was really bad. He saw my target and said, "Wow! I outta just shoot myself!"
I said, "Better take two rounds."
This one should be an easy target. So sad. He sent me this picture
265C38DF-9F4E-4AD1-BA9E-C8364F670D32.jpeg

My wife and I are becoming bird brains. We are even getting pretty good at identifying their calls and songs. Still waiting to see the return of last years mockingbirds. Last summer one woke me up in the middle of the night going thru a repertoire of about 10 different sounds over and over. One sounded like a car alarm.
There's a mockingbird that frequents the light pole to my house. Such entertaining creatures. This guy sits up there (with the occasional jump and wing show) and goes thru about two dozen bird calls. He also knows frog and cricket.

Last edited:
This is a house on my street which is a typical northeast suburban neighborhood. The house next door sold for $330k earlier this year. Would you let a piece of property go to pot like this? The lawn is all poison ivy…
577CB3ED-7F87-4C3A-A388-10EEB5F549F0.jpeg
10E74CFC-B90A-4AB4-A13E-BD70BD9B3370.jpeg

Latest posts

Back