What is in your backyard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My buddies Thomas and Not Thomas showed up in the yard today with Not Not Thomas and Jake. Tommy looks pretty haggard. He is at least 3 years old and his fkd up wing feather and left eye means he has lost a few battles I think. His beard is pretty weak looking too. View attachment 344864
happens to the best of us

Soon to be dinner. They are organic and grass fed. Also tomato, strawberry, and lettuce fed from our gardens haha.
deer.jpg

When I first moved to VA we had to go up to the Blue Ridge Pkwy to see deer. Now they are in my front yard waiting to be patted. Wish they liked weeds. We can not grow a flower in a yard. They come thru in a herd. One day the flowers are looking beautiful, next morning nothing but chewed stems. No need for a deer stand. Just open the window. Too bad I would rather have a steak.

When I first moved to VA we had to go up to the Blue Ridge Pkwy to see deer. Now they are in my front yard waiting to be patted. Wish they liked weeds. We can not grow a flower in a yard. They come thru in a herd. One day the flowers are looking beautiful, next morning nothing but chewed stems. No need for a deer stand. Just open the window. Too bad I would rather have a steak.
Mrs Pute would gladly trade her flowers for deer you could pet any day.

Backyard? Leaves. Lots of leaves. This about a fifth of what's out back, and they've been sucked up to bare grass twice. This is just before the third time.

View attachment 345221
How come you don't let them mulch in place does it kill the grass?
Not enough trees here for that to happen.
😆

If you tried, there's enough that it would choke out the grass. If it was one small tree, ya can run over 'em a few times and mulch 'em in. These are from 60 year old maple trees that are seriously huge. I'd gas axe the bunch, but they're too damn pretty and they provide lots of shade in the summer.

Latest posts

Back