What is in your backyard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost done building boxes and planting. I've got a few more to build. One for Sugar Baby Watermelons and a few to transplant my Myers lemons I've had growing for 3yrs.
IMG_20240224_115901056_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240224_162453152_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240223_105116824.jpg
IMG_20240223_105129105.jpg
IMG_20240406_111218560_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240406_114759655_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240406_114922852_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240406_114938566_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240406_114952670_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240406_114943023_HDR.jpg

They'd keep the whistle pigs outta her zucchini plants.
The Old Hen is about as tender hearted as a woman can get. She let the last one eat four of her plants before she told me he had to go. I asked if she wanted him terminated with great prejudice. She said, "Just shoot the bastard!'

I might just get froggy and build a couple for the Old Hen. If I stuck the palate forks on the Kubota, they'd be real easy to move.
Brother I am actually trying to figure out how to make me some kinda homemade pallet jack just in case I wanna move them. Me and one of my sons could move them but I would rather be able to move them by myself.

Brother I am actually trying to figure out how to make me some kinda homemade pallet jack just in case I wanna move them. Me and one of my sons could move them but I would rather be able to move them by myself.
What if you drilled a hole down low on 2 legs on one end of the box so you could run an axel thru it and mount a couple of wheelbarrow tires on the axel so you could lift from the opposite side and move the box like a wheelbarrow? The axel/wheels would ideally be easy to remove. You may need a lever type of handle to get enough leverage to move it yourself depending on the weight.

The 6ft boxes are a little heavy but I could probably put wheels on the back and use the front steering section of a wagon on the front where it would turn and I could just pull them around.

Y'all making me jealous. I wanna backyard too..lol.

@WeedHopper awesome job on them boxes. Ya use cedar for the wood? I bet them would grow some big ol beastly plants. Prob not a good idea where ya live though.

@oldfogey8 Great pics of Costa Rica. I spent about 5 months down there with the military. I was stationed in Panama and we went up there to build roads n bridges on the western coast near Quepos. I do believe I still have a few Colonies and a newspaper. Beautiful place and the people of Costa Rica are a friendly lot of folks. Enjoy the rice n beans. They know how to do it right.

Okay I'll bite on that one...what the fuk is a brown grass pup? That something from the psych hospital?
Good ole Michigan whitetail deer. They eat my grass and this time of year, #120 pounds of corn a month. Come breeding time, they'll devour another 40 pounds of grain on top of that.

I live in a suburb of Cleveland. I drive for Uber and I'm all over downtown and all suburbs. I see deer everywhere I go. They really need to cull some of these. Many folks feed them around here so there's some big ones. Seen one the other morning standing at the front door of Starbucks..no pun intended but it wasn't open yet.

Latest posts

Back