What Is The Strongest Strain For Hydroponics And Why???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noobiewithadoobie

OBL - Official Bong Lover
Reaction score
I was just thinking about a post i made for ordering seeds and after looking at the seed companies websites, i must say it is very hard to pick out a strain. Am I the only person who feels like they are "rip boned toasted" and staring at a menu with 100 pages of delightful munchies and having to pick just one?

So I pose the question, what is the strongest, best, tastiest strain out there for hydroponic growers and why do you think so?

Can't wait to hear the answers. I may even begin to entertain the thought of thinking about ordering if the descriptions are more tempting than i may think. I hope that makes sense. I am really hit right now. Lovely 4-Way Bud i happened to acquire.:stoned:

That stinks. So you really have to know someone who truly has that strain in order to get it? Why clone only?

MindzEye said:
OG Kush, but sorry its clone only ...

Potent is potent. Upper tier is basically all the same, one no more than the other really.

But I say go for NYC Diesel. That will bring you some big time quality flavor.

It would be better to decide if you want an Indica, Sativa, or Hybrid strain instead of searching for "the strongest strain". Pretty much any strain will get ya where ya wanna go if you grow her right. Once you have the basics down you can start choosing for any number of traits (smell, taste, color). Get the basics down before you start worrying about growing "the strongest strain" avaliable, because by the time you get the basics down you will realize that "the strongest strain" will only the strongest when it is grown correctly.
Another thing is that the strongest strain to me may not have the same effect on you. Put more time and focus on growing weed then sifting through seed advertisements trying to sell you a product.

you also have to factor in that the yeild will usually not be as high with the more potent strains, I don't know your intentions with your grow. I like Indica dominate strains, they are faster to mature, and shorter in stature, and generaly easier to deal with IMO. if you like that sativa head high, instead of the body high,your going to want a sat dominate plant, but I would still not go with a "pure" sat with the first grow, you'll be waiting forever, and they just seem like more finicky plants to me, plus they want to grow HUGE. there are many good strains high in THC, my best recomendation is to go with one of the breeders that has been around for a good while, they have stayed in business for a reason. Good Luck. Oh yeah, I like anything Cindy99 (check Joey Weed and TGA @ Hemp Depot) AK47/48 (although I have never grown the 48 and I'm not sure the difference) Romulon, Jack Herer, some of these are sat dom though, ultimately your going to have to make a decission, you can grow a couple strains at the same time, and you don't have to grow the same thing forever, so get a couple now, then get a couple more etc. Good Luck!

gmo said:
It would be better to decide if you want an Indica, Sativa, or Hybrid strain instead of searching for "the strongest strain". Pretty much any strain will get ya where ya wanna go if you grow her right. Once you have the basics down you can start choosing for any number of traits (smell, taste, color). Get the basics down before you start worrying about growing "the strongest strain" avaliable, because by the time you get the basics down you will realize that "the strongest strain" will only the strongest when it is grown correctly.
Another thing is that the strongest strain to me may not have the same effect on you. Put more time and focus on growing weed then sifting through seed advertisements trying to sell you a product.

thanks gmo. i actually have 2 previous grows under my belt so I am not completely new to growing as my username implies but by no means would i say i know it all. I have read many (and believe me I mean MANY!) threads on this site, books, etc. I know "enough of the basics" about the growing aspect, just the thousands of strains is what I am just beginning to explore. Up until now, I have grown Strawberry Cough, White Russian, and 4 way. All which were clones from my buddy who intro'd me to growing and is also a grower.

The Russians I am currently 6 weeks into flowering are looking and smelling fantastic.
Pics here:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49705

Just wondering about the strains most people find to be the most potent when grown hydroponically. if there is something better out there, just want to know!

If you are well healed, check out BC Buds lines. They range to as high as $1995/10 NON-feminized seeds. It ouy are like the rest of us, you probalby know people that between them have grown many different varieties. Just keep your ears open and until you find something that you like the sound of and can afford, then try it.

Anything that does good in soil will do just as good if not better in hydro. Hydro does NOT take special varieties.

Just a thought but if you have those excellent strains available as clones why don't you just grow them in hydro for a while? If isn't broken, then why try to fix it?"

Good smoking.

DonJones said:
If you are well healed, check out BC Buds lines. They range to as high as $1995/10 NON-feminized seeds. It ouy are like the rest of us, you probalby know people that between them have grown many different varieties. Just keep your ears open and until you find something that you like the sound of and can afford, then try it.

Anything that does good in soil will do just as good if not better in hydro. Hydro does NOT take special varieties.

Just a thought but if you have those excellent strains available as clones why don't you just grow them in hydro for a while? If isn't broken, then why try to fix it?"

Good smoking.

How could someone actually justify spending that for Beans? Unless of course the plant grows so big it reaches the Giants castle so u can climb it.

I wish you the best in Your search for the perfect strain
"P"

DonJones said:

Good smoking.

I cannot fathom spending $2k on 10 beans either. This is in part why I posted this question. I have seen some of those really expensive prices and was just wondering if it is really worth spending a little more for a certain starin. Thats all. I reallly like the idea of variety. The strawberry cough was a one trick pony. The russian and 4way are the only two available to me and I would also like to repay the favor to my buddy who has been kind enough to always keep me supplied with free clones if needed. Thank you for your reply.
I would also like to say THANK YOU for your service to this country.

i can go out and get a cheap swag sack and grow some **** that'll have everyone calling it kush its all in the skills of the grower.i would rec. barney farms "nightshade" but just becuase i want to see how others can grow her .pick what you like and og kush WAS a clone only strain look around online you might find some seeds deff my goat strain

so. how did you like the wr? and what do you mean by the sc was 'a one trick pony'? i don't know this term, i guess. (i'm thinking you did'nt like it?)...

it all depends on the high you want to achieve doob. i love the whites myself. have been recommended to give the ice a go in my bucket system, by a tuned in grower with hydro. he seems to think it's my ticket. was gonna drop my coin on ai's, and nl's. my list is relatively short on what i want to try out. now the ice has been added...

i'm doing a multi strain right now. who knows, maybe it's one in there now that will steal the show...

roll with what you know doob. i know first hand on heartache dealing with unsavvy online seed dealers. kinda turns you off on never ordering from them again. it takes me awhile to save up to make a purchase, then to get bunk product is a kick in the shorts...

so, if you buy online, go with a trusted site that guarantees delivery. not many there. the first to mind that sounds like thier the most legit i been seeing is the .nl one...

ultimately, it's your coin. choose wisely...good luck...

:yeahthat: Good advice from Irish and everyone else.

Hey there noobiewithadoobie!

I think GMO gave some on target advice- decide what you like as far as buzz, find the flavor you like, and go.

You'll get as many answers to your question as there are growers here. I grow Blueberry (that's why I'm BBFan) for Indica and Southern Lights for the Sativa high.

I checked out your pics in your grow journal- beautiful job with those!

Good luck in your quest. :cool:

I say grow some Blueberry strains. Blueberry is my favorite, its quite potent, smell is great, taste is great, and buds in eight weeks. Come on people, keep it simple and just recomend a strain like the man asked.

noobiewithadoobie,

I though my point would come through better, but it didn't seem to so I'll tyr again.

First of all I about S**T

noobiewithadoobie,

I evidently didn't explain my point clearly enough because it almost looked like people took me seriously.

First, I almost S**T when I saw BC Bud's prices. I don't remember for sure but it seems like the least expensive was right around $1,600/10 seeds. In fairness to them, their Euphoria, which was the $1,995/10 seeds variety, is SUPPOSED to yield at least 45% THC. Yes you read it right 45 F******G percent THC! Another thing that didn't set well with me was their site quoted identical prices for both Candian and US dollars. I don't know exactly what the exchange rate is, but I know is isn't one for one.

But even if it was 95% I still couldn't justify spending 2k on 10 regular seeds. But if got it, then spend it. Personally I'll keep looking until I find a mother I can get a clone off of. Either that or find some one to bankroll it for shares.

I can guarantee one thing, if I spent that much, even some body else's money, and I got a male I sure as H**L wouldn't be pulling him! I'd put him and one of his sisters in a separate area and start growing seeds and they sure would cost the customers anywhere near $200/seed! Normally I don't support "ripping off a breeder's stock" but that is outrageous!

As to choosing a variety to grow from seed, I'd probably avoid the ones with medium or higher difficulty growing ratings. White Widow seems to be real popular,but it has a reputation for being nute sensitive, especially in hydro. Cinderella 99 oroC99 is a pretty popular variety if you like the trippy hallucinogenic high.

Most of the indica dominate strains seem to be easier to grow than the exotic hybrid and cross breeds where they have many different ancestors. Personally I like my weed to smoke very smooth, almost bland, with little odor and more of a creeper high that is long lasting, does NOT produce anxiety but not too sedating either, but I know others who are just the opposite. They would swear by 10% weed soaked in kerosene just because it stank to high heaven.

Like has been said here, just keep looking around, and hopefully sampling other people's stuff, until you find something that you like and can afford.

Good smoking man and hang in there you'll find the right one.

IRISH said:
so. how did you like the wr? and what do you mean by the sc was 'a one trick pony'? i don't know this term, i guess. (i'm thinking you did'nt like it?)...

it all depends on the high you want to achieve doob. i love the whites myself. have been recommended to give the ice a go in my bucket system, by a tuned in grower with hydro. he seems to think it's my ticket. was gonna drop my coin on ai's, and nl's. my list is relatively short on what i want to try out. now the ice has been added...

i'm doing a multi strain right now. who knows, maybe it's one in there now that will steal the show...

roll with what you know doob. i know first hand on heartache dealing with unsavvy online seed dealers. kinda turns you off on never ordering from them again. it takes me awhile to save up to make a purchase, then to get bunk product is a kick in the shorts...

so, if you buy online, go with a trusted site that guarantees delivery. not many there. the first to mind that sounds like thier the most legit i been seeing is the .nl one...

ultimately, it's your coin. choose wisely...good luck...

The Russian is in its sixthe week of flowqering. I will let you know in a few weeks!

The Strawberry Cough was my first grow and I administered death by nutes in week 4 of flower. No more clones. One Trick Pony = had it once and it was gone. I cant wait for this Russian to get done. Just read it is a cross between White Widow and AK-47 which is totally AWESOME if it is true!

i've had great success in the past with DP Strawberry Cough in hydro.... you can always go with the classics like Skunk #1, Afghani #1, NL, etc.... people nowadays seem way to quick to discount the original strains that got us where we are today....

i'm also willing to bet a butt-load of these new "super strains" everybody seems so wrapped up in are just the classics renamed something more appealing.... just my opinion though....

Go to the attitude that 2000 k will get you a 50 pack of doggies nuts best strains. Have to go with bbfan on the blueberry, best taste is anything berry! As far as strong....hmmmm. Look these up, medical seeds-bluehell, nirvana's- ice or blue ice if you can find it, cannabiogens- destroyer.

look at sourdiesel ,if cared for can throw some filthy buds that will knock u flat ,chemdog double diesel is another that is so strong it takes some getting used also world of seeds madness(cinderella99xmatanuska tundra)is worth a look to total cindy mindtrip,chem d xcindy99(chem99)white rhino there is heaps but hafta do lots of research and you will find that special one

Latest posts

Back