What IS this rot problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
I am vigilant so picked this up early, yet another plant going bad. So far just two lower branches on one side, I broke them off and removed them. I don't understand why minor flowering has gone rotten yet on the other side the bud is much thicker and still appears perfectly ok. Anyone have any ideas?
IMG_20210720_150331[1].jpg

IMG_20210720_150346[1].jpg

IMG_20210720_150357[1].jpg

IMG_20210720_150449[1].jpg

The leaf colour is identical to the colour of the two that already went rotten.

I was just going say Caterpillars, check that bud real well and then the plant

Do you do weekly preventative measures as far as spraying for Catty and PM (mold)

A ha! Never had that or mold/rot thank heavens. Last OG round was during high (60%) last days.

Bubba

A ha! Never had that or mold/rot thank heavens. Last OG round was during high (60%) last days.

Bubba
I find due to the high summer humidity and the moths (gypsy) the moths lays its eggs fast and if you ever seen one or more around your out door plants you better spray soon. The cats will eat into the buds and cause bud rot. Sucks Lost quite a few not knowing this.

I was reading the other day about importance of thinning. It was talking about when leaves lay on top of each other and sweat. Drop runs down into bud, causes rot. Never had it, hope I never do.

Bubba

I might be overthinking this. I'm not so sure it's rot, now. May be accidental pollination. I shouldn't tend to males and females at the same time. Preferably on different days.

Rot is usually a dark brownish gray and leans more toward the dark gray.

They dont look dense enough to be having mold problems unless you have had a lot of rain and no sunshine but what has me thinking it is mold is the sugar leaf color shouldn't be that much different from the other leaves.

The plant is still fine and I have seen what look like seed pods in a few places, so I think it probably was pollinated slightly.

Latest posts

Back