What is you male/female ratio for different strains

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
orangesunshine said:
not too crazy about seed indoors as you may be wasting time, and money to wait for sex---i also believe that sex is not 100% determined by the genetics and a perfect environment will increase the # of females---that said---i tried some seed a few months back---purple peach---didn't baby them---got 45% female---moved them from a glass of tap water into a paper towel---:watchplant:

When the x and y chromosomes combine at the moment of pollination sex of that specific seed is decided. 2 x's or xy make a girl, yy makes a boy, it's that simple. No change in your environment is going to give you an increase in female plants.

i recently pop 12 seeds 6 each of 2 different strains, all 12 germed 10 girls 2 boys.

dman1234 said:
i recently pop 12 seeds 6 each of 2 different strains, all 12 germed 10 girls 2 boys.

Excellent!

Just because people swear by it doesn't mean it's the truth. It use to be that doctors swore by letting blood when people were sick, they were wrong, but they swore by it.

Feminized seeds are coming from an industry all about getting your money in their pocket. Saving someone the horrible task of having to pull out a male or two is an excellent marketing tool, and we're a generation that is conditioned to obey marketing.

Feminized is not female. A drag queen is feminized, but she's not a girl. To me, femming simply means the plant can swing both ways, unsure of whether she's female or male, so she puts out both parts when she's "stressed" into making a choice. Those stress conditions which are bad for the plant, are optimal conditions for the recessive hermie trait to assert itself.

Throughout nature different environments cause different traits in the same species to assert themselves, but that same environment does not determine gender, except in some reptiles but that's a whole different post.

I will say I never saw a hermied plant, or heard about a hermied plant, before the "femmed seed revolution". It's just another example of man thinking he can control nature, it never turns out well and always has really bad side effects.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:48::48::48:

Latest posts

Back