What is your pet peeve

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1673097392332.png

I know that's right. I just talk a lot of shit. I'm not saying shit to her. She is Hispanic and will cut me from ear to ear.

44 year old son and grandkids are not suppose to live here, they are suppose to just visit. Hear this from the wife daily. She is tired of babysitting and being their mother. Worst part is that she sees no end in sight.
She needs to make some granny plans next time he dumps the kids for babysitting Tough love is sometimes needed when a grown man can’t figure out to be appreciative

She needs to make some granny plans next time he dumps the kids for babysitting Tough love is sometimes needed when a grown man can’t figure out to be appreciative
I think appreciation can come from kids leaving the ‘nest’. My youngest moved out(too late in my view at 25 but I also admit I encouraged him to stay with us) in October. He has grown as a person and now stops by and actually likes to talk with my wife and I. I think he has realized our parenting was out of love and not about control.

When we moved here a couple years ago, I laughed at the daughter when she said something silly like you can keep them every Tuesday. They are here a lot but I didn’t want to make the commitment she thought I would jump on when we moved here. The rules are a bit different at our house too than theirs. The children get it more than their parents. They know our limit threshold better too…

When we moved here a couple years ago, I laughed at the daughter when she said something silly like you can keep them every Tuesday. They are here a lot but I didn’t want to make the commitment she thought I would jump on when we moved here. The rules are a bit different at our house too than theirs. The children get it more than their parents. They know our limit threshold better too…
Wife would not mind 1 day a week, but when they 1st moved in she had to home school them because of COVID. And they were not use to rules. Needless to say, that none of that went over to well with grandma. 8 year old is coming around but the 12 year old (going on 18) is a lost cause. Too much like her mother, self centered and lazy.

Wife would not mind 1 day a week, but when they 1st moved in she had to home school them because of COVID. And they were not use to rules. Needless to say, that none of that went over to well with grandma. 8 year old is coming around but the 12 year old (going on 18) is a lost cause. Too much like her mother, self centered and lazy.
I said no to the homeschool thing too. My granddaughter has Down syndrome but is remarkably smart. She is in 3rd grade and has a 3rd grade reading level (math is another story) but is super street smart too and has very bad behavior in school disrespecting the students and teachers. I have been to several parent teacher conferences after my daughter asked that her dad and I attend. She has full reign at her house but at my house, (when her parents are not around) she behaves as she knows that Oma don’t play those games against adults. Hard to manage that on her turf tho. I understand your wife wanting to help and I break at the knees often as my daughter has a lot going on right now with a sick husband. I try my best not to talk bout their parenting skills because everyone has their own ways but when it effects our lives both children know we have different rules. My grandson is 10, a bookworm and Pokémon and Mario junkie. He is always well behaved and likes our rules I think.

Latest posts

Back