What makes it legal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtySouth

puff,puff...pass
Reaction score
We've all been @ the gas station waiting on the herb man,but what makes herb delivery people legal?Does that make sense?O.k. so this delivery guy I know has a rec and state MMJ card,is that enough?Since he has them goth and I have them both is that "legal"?Does he need to do more?Please don't leture me about supporting "cartels",you have no idea how many "cartel lookin " people own dispencaries in the L.A. area

I can only speak for MT law because I'm taking 2 classes on it in MT to carry you have to have a card if you also have a second card that lists you as someones caregiver you can also be holding their legal amount. IE if your holding three other patients care giver cards you can legal carry 1 ounce per card. IE You card + 3 other patient cards= 4 oz carry capacity...So if you get caught with say 16 ounces you are well Bubba boyfriend that night...

Also in MT you can provide for anyone with an out of state card but again if they catch you with more than your one legal ounce on you when you go to provide your in deep do dooo.

So basically if I leave the house go to the pod and 8 patients can't get out I better have their card on Me and a copy of their paperwork and their 1 ounce no more ...and yes that makes things really hard if they live 70 miles out in the sticks, and they can not get out and drive, A really bad snow storm ...they could run out... and Us not be able to get to them... for a day or two which sucks rocks.

Luckily we got a guy in the collective that can drive with a 4WD and has chains and stuff so for this winter we will be set ...but last winter was a huge issue a couple of times.

James

So your sayin just having the cards(paperwork)is enough.On you ?Doesn't that put everybody in jepordy all @ once?Say you goin to see Joe,who lives 100 miles out.He wants 4 zips,you bring 2 other guyz paperwork(joe+you+ these other 2=4thus 4zips,sound right?)and on the way you get pulled(do you openly admit,or wait to be questioned)and unfortunatly everything gets expossed(just to help me understand,you DOES NOT MEAN you as in you,just in general)what about those other 2 guys?Do you(again in general)implicate those poor cats?
Anybody?Do the delivery services in the L.A. area have anything special(permits,and such.Not just BIG BALLZ)?

Luckily we got a guy in the collective that can drive with a 4WD and has chains and stuff so for this winter we will be set ...but last winter was a huge issue a couple of times

you gotta good heart man goin thru the troubles to help those in need of medicine man. much respect and props for you .
keep it real bro.

@DirtySouth...By your definition a patient can not tell Me he wants 4 ounces if he does he is breaking the law...Now if a patient walks in and out my door 4 times and each single time 1 provide 1 ounce we are both legal...If he tells me he put the first ounce in say his salad and then... so on ...neither that patient or I are at risk...

Second question the travel from point a to point b if I have those cards and paperwork and medication if I am stopped for any reason I have to openly provide the officer with the cards paperwork and medication...At this your saying WHAT?...Those are facts here LEO works with Public health We are all on a state registry so before they even stop Me they already know if I am a Patient or Caregiver...Just a simple fact.

Question three that patient is 70 miles away which would be a round trip of 140 miles and that patient uses 1 ounce of bud each week ...Which would be 560 miles a month for just one patient I would have to drive ...and each time I drive it that 140 miles uses 30 dollars worth of gas for sake of argument...Those 3 extra trips have raised the cost of providing that medication to that patient by 90 extra dollars a month ...Which to a disabled patient might be the cost of them needing to go to the doctor or say EAT or so on ...Hum so lets think bud being the least "concentrated version" of cana ...How might I stay at or under that "Really Ridiculous usable 1 ounce limit" and take care of that patient while reducing travel expense to one trip a month....Hummmmmmm?

What might the wise intellectual Medicine man do "I wonder" to utilize All his resources effectively? Keep in mind the Law state one usable ounce.

The third law of Thermodynamics comes to mind "Energy is never created nor destroyed.... it simply changes Form"...Smile

James

dumb suggestion from a MMJ patient in a non-mmj state.

mail it. i get all other pharmaceuticals through the mail. i know that can interfere with federal laws but this is an emerging industry and the current administration vows to get the feds out of states rights and if this occures then mailing ones medication via us postal service would not violate any laws.

just a thought

Mysticwolf, i think it is awsome that your state allows you to be a caregiver for someone in another mmj state. the possibilities are endless if cannabis gets treated like every other pharmaceutical and the mail could be utilized to ship meds to patients in other states.

@ Super Silver Haze....Actually I went and asked THCV and LEO on that one as the law is written a bit screwy here, Because I had the same Idea you had ...as in free USPS boxes and labels all I need is some security tape...True they are secure transit...If you go with UPS or FEDEX you can even get bonded ...but they are NOT holding the Caregiver Card or the Paper Work...Which to LEO and even THCV here... is a Huge issue they are still working on that issue here... and being distances can be so much greater here SSH ...I'm Crossing My fingers for good options here in the future ,because that would both cut overhead More... and be Way easier ...Though that is just my 2 cents.

Though I got other thoughts in the works on that shipping tangent too Grinz

James

In Cali, you CAN legally "sell" meds to another oatient AS long as the monies recieved are to recoup "Time and costs for the grow". You and the person you are selling to must BOTH have a MMJ Rec. You CAN go up to 8oz, a half p.

There are websites set up for this allready in the Bay, and I am sure that LA will have something similar soon.

hXXp://bayareacannabis.org/classified/?cityid=-12&lang=en

change XX to tt.

Look under "For Sale".

DirtySouth said:
We've all been @ the gas station waiting on the herb man,but what makes herb delivery people legal?Does that make sense?O.k. so this delivery guy I know has a rec and state MMJ card,is that enough?Since he has them goth and I have them both is that "legal"?Does he need to do more?Please don't leture me about supporting "cartels",you have no idea how many "cartel lookin " people own dispencaries in the L.A. area

If he you both Legal why Hook up at a gas station.?
Say if your allowed 2 Oz a week and that what it says on your record then that all your allowed to pick up. This is what I was told, But screw that allowed crap because I buy a Qp a month and it cheapper that way..
Since ur in L.A. I think the leo has to ease up on MMJ Patients.

Cartel Looking people runs Dispensary's and if u see Compact stuff there then it from Mexico and so there part of the cartel.

Keep ALL MMJ Paper on U while Out of the House.;)

Latest posts

Back