What Movie Are You Watching Tonight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StoneyBud

Hey my friends, I'm a certified, insane, movie collector and watcher. I have about 300 movies of my own and I watch one a night, almost every night and 3 to 5 of them on some nights.

Let's see what everyone likes to see as the thread progresses.

It'll be interesting to see what we all like or not as the new DVD's come out.

The first person who posts a movie should also find it's plot description on the net somewhere and post it also. That way everyone can see what it's about.

I never go to the theater for two reasons. I can't light up my weed in there and it costs too much!

My library gets about 10 new movies a week to let out for 3 days at a time. I'm never going to catch up with them. I mean, they have about 5000 movies in there already!

Plus I keep buying them!

Ok, I'll start with tonight's movies in my next post.

While browsing at the library, I found a series that I've watched the first of four parts:

THE JEWEL IN THE CROWN

Plot

The film was located in the fictional Indian city of Mayapore and is set during the 1940s against the backdrop of the last days of the British Raj and the Indian independence movement. Hari Kumar (Art Malik) is a young Indian man who was educated at the British public school (the term for a private school) Chillingborough and considers himself English rather than Indian. He works as a journalist in India, lives with his aunt, and becomes involved with a British woman, Daphne Manners. One night, Daphne and Hari are attacked in the Bibighar Gardens by a group of unknown men and Daphne is raped.

A lower-middle class British police officer, Ronald Merrick, holds Hari responsible for the rape and puts him in prison where he tortures him, even though he knows him to be innocent. Merrick's motives are twofold: he resents Hari's privileged education as well as the fact that Daphne preferred Hari to him (Merrick had previously proposed to Daphne and was rejected). Moreover, as becomes explicit in a later book of the series, Merrick is a repressed homosexual who is not consciously aware of his attaction to Hari. This story becomes the backdrop for a number of intertwining subplots during the end of the British Raj.

After Daphne's death in childbirth, another young British woman, Sarah Layton, becomes the central character. Like Daphne, Sarah is pursued by Merrick, but prefers his subordinate, Guy Perron. Sarah's sister, Susan, is married to the ineffectual Teddie Bingham, who is killed in an enemy attack despite Merrick's attempt to save his life. Merrick later marries Susan.

Hari Kumar is eventually released from prison, but rarely appears in the story. Merrick's activities are known by the authorities and disapproved of, and he dies in disgrace, although his sexual proclivities remain a secret from polite society.

Well, after seeing the first of four parts, the movie is interesting from a historical aspect of Britons occupation of India, and the acting is well done. The story line moves along nicely and held my interest enough to gather the other three parts today to watch. I'll watch part two and maybe three tonight. When I've completed watching them all, I'll edit this post and remark on the entire series.

Movie * Wolverine

Plot

Hugh Jackman goes back to the beginning, delving into the mysterious
origins of everybodys favorite hairy, admantium-clawed mutant: Logans violent and romantic past in Canadian wilderness, his complex relationship
with Victor Creed, aka Sabertooth, and the ominous Weapon X program
that unleashes his primal fury. Along the way, Wolverine also encunters
a number of fan-favored mutants from the X-Men universe, both famaiar and new, each shaping and propelling him toward his destiny in the X-Men
saga.

chris1974 said:
Movie * Wolverine
Hey Chris, I watched the first one where the end of the movie was the fight on the tower. Is that the one you're talking about here? Is there more in the series? The one I saw was "X-Men.Origins.Wolverine".

I'm not sure if there are more.

If this is the same one you saw, it was great! Wide open for more movies!

Yeah im pretty sure thats it Stoney, did you like it ?

Oh good, I really dig Wolverine, he is my favorite carachter ! I like the whole story of how he became who he is ! Dude is a savage.....

Watching iceage 3 with the youngin, then a zombie flik i think the sequal to zombie strippers with jenna jameson, zombie zombie zombie strippers vs zombies LOL i'm a "b" movie zombie fan as well as kung fu fliks LOL
Watched District 9 last night....erm........not my cop o tea

Just got done smoking some nice reefer and watched Jim Breuer "Lets Clean the AIR"

I highly recommend you guys/girls to get to a store buy it, go home roll a joint/blunt or pack a bowl/bong or even a vaporizer, smoke, and watch it and you'll love it.

Hey Mutt, I love the iceage movies! That's some seriously funny stuff! Anyone who doesn't laugh a bunch while watching one of those needs to get their head adjusted.

Smoke a doobie, watch iceage...serious laughs!

I like my action movies, but once in awhile, I have to have a break from the blood and guts and bombs and screams and bullets thing.

Having a bunch of awesome laughs is the best medicine in the world! Works for me!

Now the zombie "B" flicks...I'll let you have those. I like well made Karate flicks.

I was blazing a good joint 10 mins ago and now reading through the forum while watching bootleg movie : Pig Hunt online .........good :holysheep: :D . PIG HUNT !!! Oink oink

AsianSky said:
I was blazing a good joint 10 mins ago and now reading through the forum while watching bootleg movie : Pig Hunt online .........good :holysheep: :D . PIG HUNT !!! Oink oink
Man, don't make us all look it up.

Tell us what it's about!

A bunch of local hill billies and city kids with guns and bows ........came to a california town to hunt monstrous evil wild boar . Some bad jokes, bloody scenes, and sexy acts included . The best are chicks smoking mj joints, marijuana field, and ......stoned out moment . IDK, something like that .....check it yourself LOL

hxxp://www.wisevid.com/view_video.php?viewkey=u4e97v0lh6mtjew64646#

Watch along with me = )

I like those strange Indie flicks.
Horror flicks.
My favorites are the 1970s... I dont know how you would say it but like Black Culture movies. Like Black Ceasar, Black Momma White Momma, anything Pam Grier or Richard Roundtree related style movies.
Dont really like to much SciFi or those childish Super Hero movies. Cause I like the bad guys.
Why I prefer Horror, Asian Horror type movies and Indie flicks. Bad guys do well or win. Like House of 1000 Corpses, Pulp Fiction, Locked Stocked, The Audition.
Oh and I forget the Car Movies. Love all car movies. From Redline and Vanishing Point, to Smoky and the Bandit and (the original) Gone In 60 Seconds.

Naked Lunch

Not an adaptation of beat writer William S. Burrough's novel but a mix of biography and an interpretation of his drug- induced writing processes combined with elements of his work in this paranoid fantasy about Bill Lee, a writer who accidentally shoots his wife, whose typewriter transforms into a cockroach and who becomes involved in a mysterious plot in an Islamic port called Interzone. Wonderfully bizarre, not unlike Burrough's books.

Exterminator Bill Lee finds himself following his wife into an addiction to the bug powder he uses. After accidentally killing her, he descends into a hallucinatory existence in which he imagines himself a secret agent answering to a series of bizarre creatures. He channels his energies into writing "reports" on his delusional mission, while trying to break his addiction. The story loosely reflects events in the life of author Burroughs as he wrote the novel.

:) House of 1000 Corpses is a great movie!

That movie naked lunch brings back some crazy memories back when i was young.

I like Rob Zombies directing ability. house of 1000, devils rejects, halloween, can't wait to see halloween 2. I thought the originals are cheesy, but liked how rob did em.

ArtVandolay said:
Naked Lunch

Not an adaptation of beat writer William S. Burrough's novel but a mix of biography and an interpretation of his drug- induced writing processes combined with elements of his work in this paranoid fantasy about Bill Lee, a writer who accidentally shoots his wife, whose typewriter transforms into a cockroach and who becomes involved in a mysterious plot in an Islamic port called Interzone. Wonderfully bizarre, not unlike Burrough's books.

Exterminator Bill Lee finds himself following his wife into an addiction to the bug powder he uses. After accidentally killing her, he descends into a hallucinatory existence in which he imagines himself a secret agent answering to a series of bizarre creatures. He channels his energies into writing "reports" on his delusional mission, while trying to break his addiction. The story loosely reflects events in the life of author Burroughs as he wrote the novel.

:) House of 1000 Corpses is a great movie!

Good thing it wasn't based too much on Burroughs' Naked Lunch. I don't think the fantasy scenes of him tying up little boys and sodomizing them until they bleed would make good viewing.

umbra said:
Good thing it wasn't based too much on Burroughs' Naked Lunch. I don't think the fantasy scenes of him tying up little boys and sodomizing them until they bleed would make good viewing.

Yeah, I read the book, too. Burroughs was (is?) a real strange guy, for sure.

He popped up in a couple of 1980s performance artist Laurie Anderson songs and video (EDIT: oops - Sharky's Day/Home of the Brave). Very obscure stuff :hubba:

hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPbv2uVY6AY

A western comedy called Rustlers Rhapsody very funnie movie
A flashy, singing cowpoke (Tom Berenger) rides into town to preform heroic deeds and put an end to bad guys. In this good-natured spoof of the 1940's B-westerns that include all the expected sterio types of dashing heros in white hats, helpless damsels in distress and devious outlaws wearing black. A highlight : Andy Griffith, in a huge departure from his usual "aw shucks" persona, plays an evil
cattle barron .

i have netflix got the 1 movie intenet package $9 a mo any movie any time on streaming vid way way cheaper than cable or dish :D

some movies need the big screen Stony like the new StarTrek movie in IMAX omg its has to be seen to be belived

Latest posts

Back