What size light?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TattMan757

Reaction score
im working with the plac of about 3' wide 2' deep and 4 1/2' tall. no exhaust or intake. i guess you can call it a short closet setup. what watt HPS setup should i use with the specs? thanks

3 x 2 =6
6 x 3000=18,000 lumens for vegging
6 x 5000=30,000 lumens for flowering
A 250w HPS wld leave you a lil short...I think they are good for 29,000 lumens... You will need to make an exhaust and intake...plants need fresh air...you hve to be able to exchange the air in your grow box...so a fan will be needed to do that and also you want a fan for inside to stir things up a bit to make your plants strong...

I used a dual 150W (300 total watts) in a cooltube in a space about that size and got a real decent yield. As HL mentioned, you are going to need ventilation.

So 400 watt with proper vents would be the best? Also, how many plants would that cover? I used a 100 watt hsp light and posted a pic of how it looks. So I was told to use clfs cause low heat and to help the plant out. Im not 100% sure how to tell when its time to harvest. and thanks

TattMan757 said:
So 400 watt with proper vents would be the best? Also, how many plants would that cover? I used a 100 watt hsp light and posted a pic of how it looks. So I was told to use clfs cause low heat and to help the plant out. Im not 100% sure how to tell when its time to harvest. and thanks

to get the propper lumens.. 9 times out of ten your better off to go with a HID.. because the heat is the same if not higher..
as well as your getting more out of 1-2 bulbs then your do from your multi bulbed cfl setup...
400w might be over kill.. down to 300w with thg DIY tube. might be the best...
you can have the proper venting and what not but there still is IR heat the light puts off.. we dont have much controll over that.. .
just my opinion...
LH

Latest posts

Back