What the heck!!! Seeds!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getmelifted

Reaction score
Any idea how I have gotten 25+ seeds from a plant that was cloned from a female? Its weird some of the plants turn out fine with no seeds and is great smoke.

But these plants that end up having seeds in them turn out to be terrible weed. The problem is they are all the same clones.

How does this happen?

Tell us your grow set up....sounds like you had a hermie and didn't catch it or someone chucked some pollen and your clones got hit...the reason the weed with seeds is not as good as the seedless is because the plant wasted crucial energy developing those beans instaed of concentrating it into THC and what not....

hERMIE'S! Your plants hermied on ya! If you don't get all the seeded ones out of your grow you'll keep having this problem.

Getmelifted said:
How do hermies happen?

Most likely you had a light leak or some other form of stress...it's the plants response...it becomes part male in order to pollinate itself and in effect live on in those seeds...

its a genetic trait in some plants more prominent espesially in seeds that came from hermie pollen

Well we do have our window open with a fan blowing in the cooler air to cool off the room. Pollen could be coming in through the window? But theres no plants anywhere around this window and theres a huge fence right next to the window. Its only like 2' from the window.

And we did go through a short period where my dad had the room down in the high 40s because he would leave the window open at night time. Could this cause it?

Were the clones cut from a female born from a feminized seed?? The Hermie gene could be more dominate in that strain if it did come from one. Mix that with light leeks and stress and you have a hermie on your hands.

ozzydiodude said:
If light could hit the plants through the window a street/outside dusk to dawn light would be enough to cause a hermi to happen
:yeahthat:

My guess would be hermie genetics. Tell us about the female the clone came from.

The Hemp Goddess said:
My guess would be hermie genetics. Tell us about the female the clone came from.

What type of stuff do you need to know about the female plant?

Also why would light leaking cause it to become a hermie? What about outdoor plants they are on the suns time correct? So if we do have a light leak wouldnt it be like having it outside? Hope that makes sense.

Sun is up at 6 and down by 7 right now anyways and we run our light from 6 to 6

Yes outdoor plants are subject to the suns changing light pattern but that is exactly what we try to immitate inside. However a streetlight shining in through the window (or any light shining in the growroom of any kind) during the dark period of your flowering cycle can and will cause your plants to hermie. It gives mixed signals to them about the light cycle and they get confused. Anyways my suggestion tighten up lightleaks don't let your temps go that low (i have mine go down to 50 sometimes at night during flowering but no lower) and you should be reaping in the seedless buds in no time. good luck peace out

Getmelifted said:
What type of stuff do you need to know about the female plant?

Also why would light leaking cause it to become a hermie? What about outdoor plants they are on the suns time correct? So if we do have a light leak wouldnt it be like having it outside? Hope that makes sense.

Sun is up at 6 and down by 7 right now anyways and we run our light from 6 to 6

True, but the sun doesn't shine at night.:hubba: MJ is dark sensitive, and light when it should be dark=stress=hermi.

DD

BigO said:
Are hermies born that way or are thay a product of thair environment

Both.:holysheep:

I know that's confusing, some are born that way (mostly sativa's), but even pure females can be stressed enough to hermi.

DD

Ok how about this. My dad told me he cloned a plant from a budded plant instead of a vegging plant.

So he took a plant that was about 1-2 weeks into budding and took a clone and threw it back into vegging then back into budding.

Could this cause that?

Plants grown outside and plants grown inside are different, have different light needs, and mature differently. When plants are grown outside, the shortening of the days after the summer solstice signal the plant that fall is coming and it should begin budding. When we grow inside, we do not try to duplicate outside lighting conditions, but we try to optimize all the growing conditions. We veg 24/7 (or 18/6) because mj will grow all the time the lights are on. We then force flowering by switching the light to 12/12. The dark period must be absolutely light tight with no interruptions to the dark. When grown inside, light leaks during the dark period cause hermies. Plants grown outside do not have "light leaks" during the night.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Plants grown outside and plants grown inside are different, have different light needs, and mature differently. When plants are grown outside, the shortening of the days after the summer solstice signal the plant that fall is coming and it should begin budding. When we grow inside, we do not try to duplicate outside lighting conditions, but we try to optimize all the growing conditions. We veg 24/7 (or 18/6) because mj will grow all the time the lights are on. We then force flowering by switching the light to 12/12. The dark period must be absolutely light tight with no interruptions to the dark. When grown inside, light leaks during the dark period cause hermies. Plants grown outside do not have "light leaks" during the night.
HG, i always wondered about the outside side of growing and light leaks. does the moon effect the dark period?

Latest posts

Back