What the hell happened

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a polite person.

My parents taught me to be polite.

It costs nothing and people treat you better for being polite.

Well that's how it used to be.

If today's fertile child producing collective were not taught politeness, their children will never know it.

It will become something of the past that old people once used to do.

:peace:

I live in a small town and I'm sick of all the freindlyness. You can't pass a car on the road without having to wave back. Then you ask yourself if you knew that person or were they waving because your Jeep is red too.:rolleyes: And when someone is not freindly it's because they are southers that don't live here and you can bet they are interested in doing something they shouldn't be like going to the forest to dump trash or shoot deer in the off season. But don't be fooled, the freindlyness is an act because everyone here is a gun toting schitzo that is growing MJ and wants no part of actually meeting people, or mayb e that's just me.:D

I am planning on teaching my children the importance of manners. I was taught to be very polite and respectful growing up and I suppose I expect the same in return. I hate saying something when people sneeze or opening doors and not getting thank you's. Its no surprise these days when families do not treat each other politely or with any respect. I am only 24 and I already weep for the future....

It is my intention to never stand out in public.
The less interaction I have with the general populace, the better. For them.

People are really crappy here in the bay area. Multiply general dickishness with a location based attitude. Bam, you have san jose.

TFG, I've visited SF and I've always said, "Beautiful town, just get rid of the people." The second time I visited that town I went away angry.

I'm the kind of person that insists on being polite even if someone is rude to me. I actually find it humorous to be nice to someone that's being rude. Not that I try to piss people off (As a rule I'm not trying to make them angry, anyway), but sometimes being nice to rude people makes them angry. Plus, in a confrontation, I need to remain calm or else I lose my cool and can't think of what to say.

I wouldn't go to Walmart expecting good manners. It all depends on what city you're in, and what part of town. Most people in my neighborhood will not make eye contact with others. I think that they might be afraid of confrontation. Sometimes, if I say "Hello", they'll respond with a nod or something. At other times they just ignore me. Most of the time I just ignore them and am happy that they ignore me.

I used to live in a small town. In a small town the people tend to be really nice.

Yo Ho my Friends,

One of the first folks to greet me here was HippyInEngland. I remember because he said Salutations to me. It made my day to find someone who understood a common politeness brings cheer.
He and I have exchanged this greeting many times since, and we still continue.
I have found that most heads are that way. Weird to find it like that, but perhaps it's the smoke that helps one to come out of their respective shells, or green houses, LOL, who knows...

I enjoy the power that gets generated when I take my lady out, and pull a chair for her. I do this for my daughter also. My son was taught this, and I still to this day hear him speak with a gleam in his own eye about how he notices that it does turn heads, and he pulls tons of compliments over acting like a man should with good manners.
Common courtesies will always win out at the end of the day. Practice it with your friends as well as your own family. I assure you that you will certainly drink in the rewards.

I like to stand when a lady stands to leave the table, and when she returns. Let a restaurant full of folks witness it when there are several men at a table as well as several women, and all the men stand at the departure or arrival of a lady at that table and you will own the night... You would not believe how much conversation is generated at the other tables over what they see at your own table.
Here I find very good manners, (as with most heads I encounter), and as for a separation of classes, yeah I think that one's manners will set him or her apart, and that applies to groups as well as individuals.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

The Effen Gee said:
It is my intention to never stand out in public.
The less interaction I have with the general populace, the better. For them.

People are really crappy here in the bay area. Multiply general dickishness with a location based attitude. Bam, you have san jose.

I very much agree, TEG!

Guess why I'm at the health club? To work out. Go away and leave me alone, please. Guess why I'm at the convenience store? I need rolling papers. Sell them to me without telling me about your fight with your girlfriend last night, please.

Don't get me wrong, I always have a smile on my face and I don't mind if you smile back (unless you look like a terrorist :hubba:).

I don't know what happened, but gradually I decided interaction with randomly selected members of the general population wasn't working for me:).

Most hippy's are really annoying and smelly.
Hipsters, how can you be so young and so jaded?

How bout I just make a list:

Teenagers: Need I say more?
Rednecks, hicks and white trash:...whatever. Just don't trash the place.
Yuppies and metrosexuals: I invite you to spend some time on the countryside.
Annoying Mom's: There kids. If you do a good job you won't need to protect them so much from society.
Angry white men: Never seen one before.
Rich: kill yourselves if you dont try to make things better.
Poor: same for you.
Young: it's your future. Make it what you will.
Old people: You had your chance. Pipe down and let somebody else drive.
MARIJUANA SMOKERS: DON'T BE STUPID.
Drug users: remember...use not abuse!

Internet people: rock.

Seems like I left a few out:

Minorities: enjoy it while it lasts.
Immigrants: Work hard, live well. Raise your family well and drive like an american.
Racists: Take a few anthro classes.
Fanatics: Stop acting like children
Children: Stop acting like fanatics
Politicians: **********'s. Nuff said.
Fundementalists: There is more to this place than just your tiny compound and cotton onesies.
Preachers: Cmon meow.
Teachers: Just say it. I'll understand.
Leaders: Step down.
Followers: Step up.
Drama Queens: Chill out. Your overemphasizing is tiresome.
Know it all's: Everybody stop's listening after the first ten seconds.

Marijanapassion.com users: Cheers.

.brrrrrrrrrrrrrrp!.........

Can.jpg

ArtVandolay said:
I very much agree, TEG!

Guess why I'm at the health club? To work out. Go away and leave me alone, please. Guess why I'm at the convenience store? I need rolling papers. Sell them to me without telling me about your fight with your girlfriend last night, please.

Don't get me wrong, I always have a smile on my face and I don't mind if you smile back (unless you look like a terrorist :hubba:).

I don't know what happened, but gradually I decided interaction with randomly selected members of the general population wasn't working for me:).

Thats me in a nut shell. I was taught manners and now pretend to be a loaner so i can deal without all the stupidity some peeps want to generate. I still tell peeps "bless you " when they sneeze and they look at me like i'm from mars. "course I'm tatted up to the neck so there you go...

I guess thats why i love this place so much. Great peeps with a sense of humor left over...
Art...Love you style
Effin G: You crack me up !
Hick: well , just a regular "HICK"

Hey Art...
Is that tv show still on 'bout the "great North" When i had cable that was the best stuff on tv ! I like british / canadian humor better anyways. We americans i think are to "up-tight" ! or maybe its just my surroundings !

meds4me said:
Hey Art...
Is that tv show still on 'bout the "great North" When i had cable that was the best stuff on tv ! I like british / canadian humor better anyways. We americans i think are to "up-tight" ! or maybe its just my surroundings !

Do you mean the Red Green Show? I think, depending on where you live, some PBS stations still carry it. I got all 14 seasons on 54 DVDs for Christmas last year :D ($100!!). My wife has been in NY for several days (and for several days more :hubba:) so the dogs and I are having a Red Green stoner marathon.

Everybody is in to big a hurry to be nice. Rush,rush,rush,,,that Sir is the problem. Technology has us in a nasty stuper. Rushing our lives away. If PPL slowed down they would see how much of an ******* they have become.

I've practiced good manners sinse I was a child (if I did'nt my mother would beat me silly). And it's payed off several times over. Descent people appreciate it andreturn it in kind, slugs give you the humor of their dimwitted facial expressions, and no matter the response you know you've done right. I have had many servers (wait-people) treat me like I was the most important customer they ever met simply because I say such unheard of things such as "please, thank you, and excuse me". Being polite dose'nt take any more time and will usually get you treated with curtasie and respect.

Hey Art, I'll meet you at the Possum lodge , we can burn one and mess with Harold. I love that show, just got the full series from PBS.

All the king's horses and all the king's men have decided I need Elavil, etc. because I've become rather anti-social and a homebody.

Uh, is it me or is it that the world has become, for all intents and purposes, uninhabitable?

Hick said:
Did you have your skivvies on outside yer britches??
Man.. I've done that. :p Makes folks look at me funny too.

I would look at u Funny too wearring ur shower cap, alone with ur Skivvies up to ur belly too...:rofl: :rofl:

Latest posts

Back