What the hell happened

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HippyInEngland said:
I am a polite person.

My parents taught me to be polite.

It costs nothing and people treat you better for being polite.

Well that's how it used to be.

If today's fertile child producing collective were not taught politeness, their children will never know it.

It will become something of the past that old people once used to do.

:peace:

Got that right there Hippy I was brought up that way to be Polite.!
But these kids now a days are Not taught Politeness and taught Hatefulness because the parents are either in some type of gang or they just don't care anymore on how there kids are raised.
Look at a youngster these days wrong they'll pull a gun on u and just shoot U and not think twice.
A Gun Solves everything to kids these days..

I told my grandson that lives with us that if he ever think about being in a gang I would KICK HIS ASSSSSB all over the place in front of people if I had to and I will go to jail for a GOOD Reason this time, but I won't brake any bones or anything but he will Know he got his Butt Wiped..

I am a Old Hippy that Know how to be Polite to people of ALL COLORS..

Flyinghigh said:
I told my grandson that lives with us that if he ever think about being in a gang I would KICK HIS ASSSSSB all over the place in front of people if I had to and I will go to jail for a GOOD Reason this time, but I won't brake any bones or anything but he will Know he got his Butt Wiped..

I am a Old Hippy that Know how to be Polite to people of ALL COLORS..

Amen!!! My son will be told the same thing. Manners are very important in our family and being respectful and holding doors for people are also very important. We are old fashion in many ways and will keep the tradition going in our lives.

After I pushed send I forgot to say that mygrandson always ask for anything in the house from eatting to wantting to be on the comp. or go swimming or going outside.
There time where he DON'T need to ask but he does and it good to be polite like that but sometime he don't need to ask but he does.
I have told him why don't u ask to use the bathroom;) but he does ask if he can I take a shower :hubba:

I agree cubby. Life really can be as simple as following all the rules our parents and elementary teachers taught us all our lives. If everyone followed the simple rules we learned as kids, this world would be so much more peaceful.

godspeedsuckah said:
I agree cubby. Life really can be as simple as following all the rules our parents and elementary teachers taught us all our lives. If everyone followed the simple rules we learned as kids, this world would be so much more peaceful.

Mind you, it took me a lot of trouble and pain to realize this and live by it. With so many people in the world, maybe it just takes everyone their own time to understand. Who knows?.. It is a crazy mixed up world we live in and I can't help but go back to a Bellamy Brothers song when I think of things.

"Old Hippy" Bellamy Brothers

"He turned 45 last Sunday
In his hair he found some grey
Still ain't changed his lifestyle
Likes it better the old way
So he grows a little garden in the backyard by the fence
He's consuming what he's growing, nowadays in self defense
He gets out there in the twilight zone sometimes, when it just dont make no sense......."

I think the older generation have no excuse tbh.

It's only going to get worse, a lot of kids today have zero respect for themselves or others, i blame the parents.

When i was a kid and did something really bad/stupid/disrespectful i got a few hard raps of a leather belt.
It only ever happened 3 or 4 times but as a teenager i realised that my pops would if he had to beat the living crap out of me if it was for my own good.

It was that realisation that kept me away from hard drugs and fighting and all sorts of stuff i would batter my kids if they ever were that dumb.

I was looking/listening to a cop today in the city taking cider off teenagers who were obviously under 18 and pretty much being obnoxious to passers by on the street.
Swearing at the cop and refusing to hand over the cans he had to call for back up, in my day which wasn't that long ago the cop would have cuffed you on the ear and dragged you home for your parents to knock a bit of respect into you.

That's wrong with society in general, people think they can do what they want and say what they want to others with no repercussions.

Sorry for the long post btw.

GMT said:
When i was a kid and did something really bad/stupid/disrespectful i got a few hard raps of a leather belt.

Oh yeah!! I remember a few times my pop saying "don't make me stop this car." Well, we did. He came back with a switch and we lined up on the back of the car; he didn't care who was driving by. I love that man dearly, he taught me so much.

Godspeed: ditto my father is one of my best friends now and we both agree that us kids getting the belt every once in a while was the best thing he ever did for us.

So while opening my 2nd bottle of wine which is a rather nice Riesling i have come to the conclusion that most people should be treated like dogs.

If your polite and behave you run free if not it's a muzzle and collar and a kick in the ***.

Cesar milan will sort us all out:)

godspeedsuckah said:
"Old Hippy"
In his hair he found some grey
Still ain't changed his lifestyle
Likes it better the old way
quote]

:holysheep: Found some gray hair.? Hair dye;)
Nope I wouldn't change my life style and keep it the old way, Got to brake in the new style. Gray Dooo;)

godspeedsuckah said:
Oh yeah!! I remember a few times my pop saying "don't make me stop this car." Well, we did. He came back with a switch and we lined up on the back of the car; he didn't care who was driving by. I love that man dearly, he taught me so much.

Yep That big switch with a Mighty Sting, Know it welll..:holysheep: Did that Hurt..:eek:

I think there are various ways of teaching children respect and manners. Fear certainly worked for me, but example worked for the child raised in my home. He holds a high belt in karate but shuns violence and walks away from confrontation. He holds doors for the ladies and treats them with respect. There are areas where he could certainly improve, but there are no concerns about him getting involved in fights, being disrespectiful to elders or women, slamming the door in persons faces.

"Doing what I say not what I do" is only effective when accompanied by fear. Learning by example works without fear.

Either way however, the lesson that actions result in consequences must be learned.

Good manners beget good manners......this is false.

I am a damn nice guy. I allways open doors and am polite to ALL....until they show that they do not care.

The reason I bring this up is just yesterday, I went to breakfast and when we left, I opened the door for an elderly couple to go out also. The Lady said "thank you", and the Old man totally glared at me and kinda pushed into me! , So, I told him he was an old mean bastard. He starts telling me about how he don't need no "tattooed" freak doing nothing for him. I laughed and watched the cranky ole fart walk off. His Lady smiled the whole time.

Manners are going the way of the dinosaur, unfortunatly, as our culture changes and becomes more diverse. Diversity is what is bringing out the disention among all the folks, imo. Everyone is scared of everyone.

Yea!

I dont need no hepititis from no Chuck t wearing badass.

I love old people. Most of them are so secretly desperate and hateful.
I hope I am not like that when I am older and if I am, I invite any of you to put a bullet in me.

The last thing we need here is more angry old people.

I am in Reno right now...man...Geroge A Ramero must have visited this place before writing night of the living dead.

soooooo many unhealthy people here. Even more obese folks here.

Gimme the steak!

...but everyone I hold the door for says thanks. Weird huh?
Never happen back home...

Art ....Yes the "Red green show" for some reason i thought it ws you ! Must have been a bit ? medicated at the time ! Duct tape to the rescue !!!lmao !!

Thats why i put you into my sig ! makes me smile every time i see it !
'course thats also why i put "hick" in there too !

Latest posts

Back