What timer will work with 1000 watt hps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tanksta

Terminator
Reaction score
I have a 100watt hps lamp. For the lamps power source I taped into another circut in the house. The circut is 20 amp line and has 12-2 wire. I had bought a grounded so called heavy duty timer and my lamp cord started melting the housing on the timer slowly over the last few days. I have unplugged it being it wasnt safe. I have since then been just waking up and unplugging the lamp and plugging it back in when I get home from work with no more problems coming from the cord now. This gives me a 16 8 light cycle which I have read in the growers bible will enhance the probobilaty of females plus my seeds are feminized. any how I want to know if there is some sort of timer that is heavy duty enough to use with my lamp as I think the lamp draws more power than the timer can handle thus creating heat and melting the housing. Please help me with this as I will not have time to stop home and plug in and out the lamp for the flowering period.

heavy duty timer... can't use regular ones... go to grow shop or order one online dude. between 30-100 bucks depending on features. good investment. Also a UPS backup is cool too i got one from best buy from computers. In case of power flux ya dont want bulb burning out.

Latest posts

Back