what to do if u mess up 12/12

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iClown

Stoned Indefinitly.
Reaction score
i hav my lights on at 12pm, off at 12am, first week into flowering, yesterday I was 45 minutes late to turn on the lights, should I get them in light and then resume the 12:00-12:00 or change it to 12:45-12:45???

and same question if I were to be 45 minutes late to turn them off.

Also how late would you have to be to change your lights on/off to mess up the 12/12 liughting schedule, I know even 1 minute is bad, but like, an hour? 20 minutes? 30 minutes? 10 minutes? at what point do you mess it up.

Keep them on the same original schedule, but it really sounds like you need a timer, you are not going to be able to manually turn you light off and on...on schedule every day for 8 weeks+

Yes, next payday I am buying HPS lighting, ballasts, meters, the works. I am actually putting them outside for like 8 hours then under cfls for 4, then darkness so a timer can't help me right now, but as soon as I am done this batch I will be using 1. Thanks for the advice

DOn;t worry about it bro, put it this way. In real life (outdoors, mother nature real way) there's no set time for the sun to go down exactly. Some people say that 2 minutes can revert the flowering process, I say as if. You dont; want to do this everyday, for more then 3 or four days however (for more then an hour each time). In other words do it as little as possible and you should be good but again, do it sparingly (far and few in between).

A good idea that just came to mind... If you find that your schedule is not workable and do not want to interfere with the process get a green 25watt CFL (cost 2.99 @ home depot) and that light will not affect the growth pattern. Turn it on, have no fear, do your maintenance and have fun.

iClown said:
i hav my lights on at 12pm, off at 12am, first week into flowering, yesterday I was 45 minutes late to turn on the lights, should I get them in light and then resume the 12:00-12:00 or change it to 12:45-12:45???

and same question if I were to be 45 minutes late to turn them off.

Also how late would you have to be to change your lights on/off to mess up the 12/12 liughting schedule, I know even 1 minute is bad, but like, an hour? 20 minutes? 30 minutes? 10 minutes? at what point do you mess it up.
..as has been suggested, your lighting schedule "needs" to remain consistant. Inconsistancy will promote hermaphrodism. "How much" inconsistancy they will take without hermy'ing, depends on the strains stability. A single extnded or even a missed dark cycle, will often not effect them, but multiple inconsistacies most likely will.
Outdoor flowering does not depend on a strict 12 hour dark schedule, BUT.. it IS very consistant. Riseing and setting in a very uniform pattern. 1-2 minutes earlier or later, as the case may be, but constantly deminishing. There are no 10-20 minute fluctuations.

I cant even get up at the same time everyday without an alarm...and to expect me to remember to turn lights on and lights off at same time everyday...what if I get stoned? I will surley forget...so timers are ...well ....my BRAIN....KEEP M GREEN

Wow thanks guys. now I know :)

Latest posts

Back