What's for dinner?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SmokinMom said:
Never heard of Luling, Tx. Whereabouts is it?

In the middle of nowhere, an hour + south of Austin. If you ever go, make sure you go to the inauspicious City Market, not the big red building that advertises BBQ on a huge sign on the outside. See pictures for the real deal.

We're also having a little ginger bread I brought with me from the dispensary back home.

mini_1654.jpg

1653.jpg

Fresh garden green beans and chicken in spicy thai red chili paste with garden thai chile peppers. But... ummmmm, smoked bbq.... yum...

ozzydiodude said:
Just a little. I am seting here thinking about tapping a 10yr old keg. that I distilled in 1999. Run straight from the worm into chared oak barrel. I think It will be smooth to say the least. I'm just to drunk to start washing bottles. But what I am drinking right now will be hard to beat. Grandpaw's was 20 yrs old last yr.

Hey, ODD - what kind of still do you have? My neighbor and I built a reflux still and we're happy with it except that we get pure 94% ethanol with a slightly sweet taste. Not that that is a problem but it sounds like you have some real white lightening there :)

Hey ArtV I have 3 stills 1. 20 gal pot with 5 gal thumper and 15 ft worm. it has been in the family since 1950's.
2 beer keg reflux still with 6ft colum 3 to 1 return. 3 stovetop tea kettle with 5ft worm.

Back to supper I'm lazy tonight BBQ with french fries
BBQ from Deer sirlion roast,beef brisket. KC masterpeice
and a brandywine

Grilling burgers on the grill and having potato chips with them.:bolt::bong2:

Grilled Chicken, Mashed Potatos, Corn on the cob, And Buiscuts(grandma's recipe),And a nice white wine. We're gonna follow this up with an angel food cake and some good coffee with Lemoncello.

Dang I don't have any cake:( Maybe I can find a twinkie or something. That cake sounds like, a nice after smoke desert.:bolt::bong2:

I always make 2 cakes on sunday. You'd be amazed how many dinner guests will say " I don't really eat cake, but maybe I'll have just a little piece". By the end of the night theres no more cake .( that's why I always make 2)
Good friends, good bud' good food= good evening.

You ought to stop by some sunday, you don't have to worry I don't eat "duck".....LOL

cubby- next Sunday try this cake. ;)

hxxp://www.omnomicon.com/rainbowcake

Grilled pork tenderloin sliced 1" thick and marinated in Ken's Caesar dressing,
2 lb. steamed asparagus with butter and lemon juice
Unka Ben's wild rice.

bowl of Afgani, bowl of Bannana Split ice cream.

took the kid to the pond at the bottom of the mountain and caught a whole slew of crappie.

A good Sunday.

Deepfried crappie french fries, and pork n beans.
Death by chocolate homebrew
reeled in 4 in about 25 min. Their biting before the cold front tonight. Good fishing right now.

me and the boy caught six each in about 45 minutes right before dark.
i figgered they'd be hitting with the front coming in.

SmokinMom said:
cubby- next Sunday try this cake. ;)

hxxp://www.omnomicon.com/rainbowcake

Thnx MOM,
Nobody's cutting into that 'till everyone's good and stoned!!!
Iv'e made swirl cakes before but this is to the extreme.
You know people will be saying "You try it first"......LOL

cubby said:
Thnx MOM,
Nobody's cutting into that 'till everyone's good and stoned!!!
Iv'e made swirl cakes before but this is to the extreme.
You know people will be saying "You try it first"......LOL

cubby- i way give it a whirl this week too. Need everything from the store. I know mine wont be as pretty as hers though. Read the comments, quite amusing. :giggle:

It was salmon on the grill today for me. Had a shrimp ring, corn on the cob, a broccoli and rice casserole, hot rolls, with a few different cakes and such for dessert :D i only took pics of the salmon though :p Peppers came from my garden i use onion and pepper cooked with it with a bit of salt and pepper as well as garlic and celery and a touch of ginger i melt some (2Tbs) butter and coat them lightly, more of a drizzle than anything cook for about a half and hour on the grill in the foil open squirt with lemon and presto good bread, good meat,good god, lets eat :hubba: I forgot the drink that i was having while i ate and that was BEER :D

IMG_1243.JPG

IMG_1249.JPG

IMG_1250.JPG

chicken teriyaki, rice, broccoli, squash, carrots, and a lil corn. STIR FRY BITCHES!!

I got a few people commin' over for the fourth so we're starting early. I'm starting with 16 pounds of hot wings on the grille, sounds like alot but not really, you really only eat about 1/3 of each wing, and there's 8 of us. We got salsa from last years garden and home made tortilla chips ( I did'nt make em, one of my guests did, their great). Then for dinner we're having a beef brisket and Texas beef ribs, spicy potato wedges, fresh picked corn on the cob (well it will be fresh picked, it's still on the stalks right now, a friend grew it) and baked beans. We got plenty of beer, I'm a home brewer, margaritas in any flavor you could come up with, and I poured a bottle of everclear into a watermellon last night, it's sitting out in the beer fridge. It should be a fourth to remember a buddy's got a couple zips of sativia for the day and I've got some excellent NL and NLXBig bud for the evening. One of the guests is a totally sober cat, no booze no smoke, but a good guy all the same (he's bringing the corn) After dinner he's driving everyone to see the fireworks in a bus he borrowed from some friend in exchange for a case of my homebrew.
Happy Fourth to everyone, Hope yours is a good as mine.:hubba: :D

Latest posts

Back