Whats going on here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle244948

Reaction score
I know this should be in the sick plants forum and I have posted in there but havent really got too much response but I was wondering what might be the cause of my one plant looking like this. In the pictures you can see that the leaves have turned colors on me and I cant figure out why. Im thinking its because of the heat from my light but my other plant is very healthy. I do have a good fan in there. I am using fox farm soil with no nutrients yet. They are about 3 weeks old and will induce nutes next week. I water them every 3-4 days when needed with ph controlled tap water. I just dont know and it is getting worse as of today from earlier this morning the leaves coming of the top shoot are starting to curl up.:( I just dont know what is going on here. Please helpp if you can. Here are the pictures....

2elfkmb.jpg

47mcgwp.jpg

And here is the healthy one...
4d5hwt4.jpg

well if your doing the exact same thing to both and one is very healthy and the other isn't...some phenos just don't do well. It happens. I've had still-borns and ones that grew 1 week and died. It happens unfortunatley. I'd check PH first tho.

Well can anyone tell me where to get a ph soil tester? I have heard the rapitest isnt very accurate so I dont know about that. Is there anything else out there that works well. At the moment I am using gh test indicator until I can purchase a digital one. Is there anyway I can use this test kit to check my soil? Thanks

I'm not sure what the GH test things are. but you can get PH strips from Wal-mart. for about ten bucks. Auquarium section. Test the run-off water at the bottom of the pot to give a very close approx.

Ok sounds good to me thanks a lot man. If it does die, is there anyway I can use the soil for another plant or will that not work out good? It has only been in there for 3 weeks so I wasnt sure. Its not a big deal if I cant but I would like to know for now and future reference.

most ppl don't.... it should be sterilized

Washing out as much of the old nutes are you can. Putting in an oven and cooking it...(which stinks) and screening out all the old roots/crap.

yup... I dont think using the same ground would hurt... but most likely the nutes/salts left over will build up a lot faster and have lots retained in it... ur best off just goin to the store and pickin up a 50lb bag of soil and a couple bags of perlite... like $15 total. Probably less where u are.

Well I havent even used nutes yet, but I am using fox farm soil and I can only order it since there are no places around here that have it. No stores at all except lowes, wally world and home depot.

Oh, well if u haven't put ne nutes in the soil yeah, I'd probably use it again. While ur at it get a bag of perlite to mix in w/ it. Ebay is your friend... use it! Or the other million hydro sites.

I just picked up a bag of that "organic" miracle grow gonna test that out. It says 100% organic w/ no added ferts. hey for 2.50 worth a shot with some bagseed to test it out. but if you need some dirt fast may worth giving a try. Anything is better than the cheap crap called "gen. purpose potting soil" you'll see thread after thread of problems with that crap.

Are you going to put up a grow journal about the mg organic soil?

next round I will. got my veg box full just seen it and bought it. Will try it next month. ;)

Latest posts

Back