What's the best Flushing Product

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom thumb

Reaction score
Hi I need some advice on a flushing product to use at the end of my grow to get rid of nute's, and leave the end product good and clean for consumption. The guy at the grow shop has recomended something and said I need four days to flush, I find this to be a rather short period of time as it would only equate to two waterings for my plants and that's not a soaking just a normal watering, is this long enough to rid my plants of unwanted "junk". I use General Hydroponics Flor Nova one part bloom, and Big bud in pro mix to grow. This is my first indoor grow so I'm not familiar with "flushing" as Mom nature always did it for me in the past.my grow is going great and I'd hate to not finish it off properly.

water.... this water is the best flushing product.....
like you want to keep your body clean.. you gotta flush your body by drink lot of water... see what I am saying? drink clean water to cleanse the body..

okay let try this one more time, with your plant, give clean straight water to the plant, it will cleanse the nutes out...... do that on last of 2 week of 12/12

hope I did help.... let me try say it one more time... pour distilled clean water down to the soil.. old nutes will come out, water is to cleanse it like water cleanse our body.. okaay?

This grow has been entirely organic and I'm harvesting now. I've done no flush whatsoever, and the buds taste good.

hey do u flush only before your planning on chopping your trees, 2 weeks prior or during the whole growth

daf said:
hey do u flush only before your planning on chopping your trees, 2 weeks prior or during the whole growth

i think you should only flush at the end of the flower phase before harvesting, or maybe if you experience nute uptake problems,

thanks to all for the info, I thought 4 days to flush nutes from a plant seemed awful fast, the guy at the grow shop has been very helpful and hasn't steered me wrong, but it is in his best interest to sell stuff so I thought I'd check for sure. wouldn't want a beautiful thing to be screwed up because I didn't do my homework.

I was planning on growing organic at first but things got going so fast I didn't have the time to mix soil and I'm going away sometime late this year depending on how things work out, and I wasn't sure if organic soil growing goes as quick as pro mix and nutes I didn't want a crop almost done and then left to die on the stalks because i had to leave suddenly.

I've been using blackstrap molasses every watering between week 2 and week 11 the past 2 cycles and have noticed that I dont get that salty build-up at the drain holes in my grow bags since I started using it. I'm thinking it's like a constant flush every time I water. Clearex is really only sucrose and glucose...sugar.

Latest posts

Back