What's the best light timer to use with my setup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enkay

365 a year, Im high
Reaction score
I'll be using a 125w CFL Light Blue & 125w CFL Light Red, what would be a good timer to use?

I live in the UK so please advise me on timers sold here.

With that set up 2 cfl lights, i would just get a cheap timer from any DIY store like here in the u.s. ; home depot or wally world, or even at your local hardware store

OK

But wont the timer blow if its not used with the right type lights?

the timer should not blow. If you were to run to much current through the timer though usually 15amps is max for indoor use timers. I use 1 timer for my 300w HPS and another timer for 240watts of floro. My hps uses 6.4amps so there is room to spare on each timer. If you were to overload the circuit in the timer a fuse would take the first hit. Also i use an 36,500amp spike surge protector that all my fans, a/c, and other misc electrical run through. Yet to exceede to 30amp available on that part of my house.

I am still just a noob to this growing but everything i learned i learned on this site. Any question has been asked somewhere on here b4.

Latest posts

Back