Whats your "holly grail," and why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chris1974 said:
I am just starting a Hidu Skunk x Bubba Kush :hubba: , Big Yeilder.... 6 week finisher.... potent smoke, Gotta like that :D
nice! where did u get those beans?

I can say with the utmost confidence that there is,and never will be "a Holy Grail" of herb. There is no one strain that will be "far and above" anyother strain,imo.

Someone mentioned Kush, for instance. Now, the Kush I grow could be swag compared to someone elses grow of the EXACT same strain.

That goes for any and all strains, imo.

For example. I have been working with Hindu Skunk for about a year now. The finished herb from day one to my last harvest last week would show quite a big difference in quality. The herb finshed last week is just plain FIRE.
The months before, it was "OK".

I could give Perfect clones of the same strain to 10 friends, and it will turn out a bit different.

So, all said and done, the best herb is allways the herb grown to full potential and full term. Strain is the least factor in Good herb.

I didnt ask whats the holly grail, i said whats ur holly grail.. mainly i was just asking whats a badass strain that u just have to keep around, that u cant let go..

Best I've had in recent memory wuold have to be something called "Gush #9". Maybe I had an empty stomach and little sleep or something...but I took 2 hits of this stuff and didn't get up for an hour. A pure indica that tested out at around 21% at Harborside (not that % is everything). I would guess NorCal may have heard of it, and know more about it. Supposedly it's some variation of purple kush????
All time...early 80's got a bag of "indica skunk" that smelled exactly like a skunk. Stopped at the park on our way to the movies to try some...don't know what time we finally crawled home from the park, never going to the movies!

I think I am far behind the curve here with exotic strains, but my white widow I just harvested is the best I can recall smoking. Unreal smell and taste, killer buzz and it isn't even cured yet.

SPEARCHUCKER said:
Sensi Jack Herer.
Its the benchmark of what every bud tries to be.

I personaly dont care much for JH to me their Super Skunk is a better herb and much cheaper than JH.

You sure you had the Sensi version Pepper. Cause the offbrands dont come close. I dont even think White Widow is in the same league.
But your right about Super Skunk. Thats an amazing bud.

Im wondering about those Jack Flash's Sensi has now. Crossing the JH. Basically how C99 was made. Gotta be good.

I've been growing primarily Skywalker for 5 years now. Suppose that would be my Holy Grail. But my Bubble Chem puts everything else I do to shame.

SPEARCHUCKER said:
You sure you had the Sensi version Pepper. Cause the offbrands dont come close. I dont even think White Widow is in the same league.
But your right about Super Skunk. Thats an amazing bud.

Im wondering about those Jack Flash's Sensi has now. Crossing the JH. Basically how C99 was made. Gotta be good.

No I can not be 100% on the sensi JH because it did not come out of my garden I was told that is was, and I have no reason to believe the person was lying.

I like super skunk :D

Whos WW did you try Pepper? So many say its killer stuff. Think I tried Nirvana and maybe it was Dinafem or Dutch Passion, something like that.
Someone said I should try Greenhouse/MrNice that there should be a difference cause thats the real deal.

i just cant get enough of chemdog double diesel

kaneboy said:
i just cant get enough of chemdog double diesel

I am growing some Chemdog DD x Sensi....I hve never had Chemdog dd but I know all about it's rep....:)

White strains definitely do the trick for me. WW if I have the time and white russian for shorter excursions. A couple hits on the WW = baked for hours. Little tense at first but mellows nicely.

What I really like about the whites is how clean the high is - the afterburn is minimal - next day I come back clear and ready to go.

SPEARCHUCKER said:
Whos WW did you try Pepper? So many say its killer stuff. Think I tried Nirvana and maybe it was Dinafem or Dutch Passion, something like that.
Someone said I should try Greenhouse/MrNice that there should be a difference cause thats the real deal.

The one and only Mr.Nice (Black Widow) :D very smooth herb, I have tried others but nothing beats the original.

I have always, always wanted to try Super Silver Haze. I hear it's like the best strain out there, but I guess I would have to go over to Amsterdam to get it.

two strains i had and loved years ago that i wish i had now are; Burmese and White Rhino (never personally grew the rhino though)

two that i've never tried and would love to are; White Widow (i know, how can you be a longtime stoner without even trying the classic :() and C99

JustinK said:
I have always, always wanted to try Super Silver Haze. I hear it's like the best strain out there, but I guess I would have to go over to Amsterdam to get it.

im one week into flower with some SSH.. it is supposedly the most decorated strain in history, winning the CC 97, 98, and 99, as well as other cup prizes. they are suuuper bushy and beautiful. i will post pics when i get a camera.. never smoked it but i am really excited.

Ingrid is my current favorite bud.. which is not available to grow i hear because only one guy grows it and will not let out the genetics. INGRID>>>>>

Latest posts

Back