when do I see color? 30days flower gdps. Goddess?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabegrower

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm worried that I don't actually have GDP?? I got the clones from a club here in Sacramento, Ca. They said they were GDP and really good for indoors, being my first grow I got them. They grow very well Fast and hardy I topped them but they bushed so much I probably did not need to. So from all my reading they act like GDP But NO COLOR just green and alot of white hairs. I also thought that GDP did not have alot of hairs?? do I have some unknown hybrid pot plants??

As for lights I use CFLs, I know I know! more money and heat in the long run but cheaper at first! Im poor! but getting an 400watt hps next grow. I do however have alot of lumens for my 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 closet. Using info from the girl of my dreams!!lol the Hemp Goddess, I have 30, 23 watt cfls @ 2700k, lol is about 700watts 45000 to 50000 lumens. The Goddess is sooo right on the light thing!! look at the electric im using to get the lumens. Next time right! heat is steady with lights on @ 83 degrees F, lol I cut a 6inch hole in the ceiling of the closet to vent heat to the atic seems to work. Or these dang plants GDP????? thanks everyone!

bud.jpeg

lights.jpeg

plants.jpeg

Nice plants! Color should come later in the budding stages, those are still quite young? Nice collection of lights you have going there!

oh,and HI!!!! :welcome:

i know you are aware of it already but for everyone else..

He is using 700 watts to get 50,000 lumens

a 600 watt hid would give you around 90,000 lumens

your plants look good either way, sorry im not a GDP expert but hopefully someone will help

Thanks roddy! and high to you too. thats what I was thinking too but when I look at pictures of other purple type plants @ 30 days flower they are way so much more color,,,just bugging me.

dman do you think 600w hid would be too much lumen for a 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 closet,, I could make my vent hole bigger or would the heat be about the same as I got now?? and thxs for da imput! is bigger/more always better??

wannabegrower said:
dman do you think 600w hid would be too much lumen for a 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 closet,, I could make my vent hole bigger or would the heat be about the same as I got now?? and thxs for da imput! is bigger/more always better??

yeah 600 might be a bit much for that space, a 400 would do nicely in there and produce the same lumens you have now but with less watts used, on a side note keep in mind that the urge to expand is strong with this hobby, so if ya ever plan to get a bigger area you might wanna think 600 JMO.

im not familliar with the heat produced by that many CFL's so its hard to say but with a HID light you will need an exhaust fan.

Looking good. That is quite a CFL tree you have there. Spreading the light out like that is absolutely the best use of your lumens.

Patience Grasshopper......I also think that it is too early to look for color. I am not really familiar with purples, but I am not sure that all purples actually turn purple. But it is still early and you could well end up with some of that beautiful purple in your bud.

wannabegrower said:

A 250w would do that area fine. Puts out about 30k lumens, You only need 25k for that space.

Thank you Goddess! I was wanting your answer thanks..... Ya Patience, lol not very good at that one....But I love to smoke and am so tired of having to pay so much for it,,,Maybe this hobby will teach me some patience.

Having just grown out las Vegas purple kush I might be able to help...cooler lights off temps seem to help quite a bit...I was letting then lights off temps go down to the low 60's and she purples up nicely...might help you as well with this strain....but THG is right not all purple strains go purple... A lot of time you have to get the right pheno. Jmo

You people here are ALL SO COOL! thanks eveyone, I love this place so glad I found it. sure has helped a newbie at this keep from losing it!! lol

Another satisfied customer...lol. Glad the forum has helped you bro...this place does tend to rock.

if im not mistaken isn't GDP a clone only strain? if thats the case shouldn't all GPD be the same pheno if they are true GDP

slowmo77 said:
if im not mistaken isn't GDP a clone only strain? if thats the case shouldn't all GPD be the same pheno if they are true GDP

One wld think....I guess it wld depend on how well you trust the club you got the cut from...

I've been growing GDP for a while now. Mine start purpling up around day 25.
My buddy is growing a cut from the same plant, and after a couple harvests, he informed me that he didnt get any color on his.
I reviewed his nute schedule and it seems that he was adding alot of nitrogen during flower.
I've adjusted his nutes and expect this will cure the problem.

GDP is a short bushy plant and doesnt require any topping. IMO

I have a GDP going and its crazy bushy. i'll post some pics when i get my camera back

I have grown a few purples in my short history of growing. Each year I have them. I have found that the Grandaddy Purple is the Greenest of the purples. I have heard this said more than once from growers who grow it. I have had it purple up due to the cold once, but no more so than any of the other green strains I grew that the cold purpled.

So if your GDP does not purple, do not think you have a NON GDP clone, you have just joined the GDP growing club. I didnt grow it last year and I will never have a garden without it again. You are gonna love the high and the flavor.

Good luck to you.

Hamster Lewis said:
Having just grown out las Vegas purple kush I might be able to help...cooler lights off temps seem to help quite a bit...I was letting then lights off temps go down to the low 60's and she purples up nicely...might help you as well with this strain....but THG is right not all purple strains go purple... A lot of time you have to get the right pheno. Jmo

Like the Hamster said, oftentimes a purple needs a good temp drop during the dark hours to bring out the color. I grow a couple purple strains which won't go purple unless they hit the low 60s. I have found, however, that the pricey supplement seen at the called Purple Maxx does actually work. I don't have to drop my temps as low to get purple, and I get much more color when I use it. It even makes my c-99 and sensi star go pretty darn purple. It helps the ladies tric up real well too. I stopped using it though because the price isn't worth the novelty of the color at 30 bucks for less than 8 ounces...

If ya gotta see the purple though, the product is worth a buy and it only needs to be used in the last few weeks to draw all the color out.

I am still relatively new to this but have seen GDP grown out more than once here in cencal and I would be worried too. All of the purps I've seen had much wider leafs and just a more stout structure than what your pictures suggest. It may just be the pictures or the environment may play a role but thats just what I'm seeing. Also, as everybody knows they have their own aroma which is usually quite strong and unmistakable as purp. Just my 2cents but not alot can be determined from those pics. Hate to be a fly in the Vaseline...

edit: they actually look a whole lot like the blue dream, another cali fav, from my last grow. . .

edit2: in my limited experience the color is always hit or miss. . .

edit3: a quick image search pretty much makes this entire post worthless

Here is a few better pics of my Coat Closet GDP Grow! Sure hope it is GDP.

kiksroks, I cut most of the big water/fan leaves of a couple weeks into bud,,I know it is a debate on rather that is good or bad But if you look at all the bud I got going with 2 plants,,I think it was the right thing here. She did have Fat huge water/fan leaves though. thx for da input all

Nice Bush.JPG

plants2.jpeg

da buds.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back