when do u know when its to turn 12/12??what is alternating nodes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaz1873

Reaction score
Yo lads

Just wondering when do u turn your plants to 12/12 heard its something about alternating nodes but dont know what they look like. Could someone explain to me and maybe show me some piccies..
Cheers man

jaz1873 said:
Yo lads

Just wondering when do u turn your plants to 12/12 heard its something about alternating nodes but dont know what they look like. Could someone explain to me and maybe show me some piccies..
Cheers man
Whats up jaz1873. You know how the fan leaves grow right across from one another. Well when they are alternating they no longer grow that way. One leaf will be higher than the other. Here ia a pic. The lines show where the leaves are alternating. Hope this helps ya man. ;)

View attachment untitled.bmp

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Whats up jaz1873. You know how the fan leaves grow right across from one another. Well when they are alternating they no longer grow that way. One leaf will be higher than the other. Here ia a pic. The lines show where the leaves are alternating. Hope this helps ya man. ;)

Yo yo TBG

Do u mean like like when one branch has another 'branch' growing from it also?? like one split into 2?? both have seperate 'branches'?? dunno if i really understand what u said :confused: cheers man its me :eek:

You know when your plant first starts growing the leaves are straight across from each other on the stem? Well when they start alternating they will no longer be like that. One will grow higher than the other. Take a look at the pic again and you will see the 2 lines are pointing to the alternating nodes. Not the small leaves coming out but the fan leaves where the lines are pointing. Hope i didnt lose ya. :eek: Let me know if that makes any since to ya. If not maybe i can dig up a few more pics for ya. ;)

on the main stem..i notice there 2 branches coming out of it and theres one bigger that the other..is that it??:confused:

See how they are no longer straight across from one another? One is higher than the other.

lol superb man got it..knew ud sort me out dude :D

Latest posts

Back