When do you cross the line?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SmokinMom said:
I missed this the 1st time. What an unusual question for a mj board. :giggle:

Think about it this way SmokingMom: if the 1st year u grew 10 sweet ladies outdoors in an excellent spot and the 2nd year finding another excellent spot u grow 10 more, 20 altogether. On the 3rd year everything is going so sweet that u grow another 20, that's 40 altogether. The work is easy, the pay is good. if u find another good spot do u plant another 20? question being: where do u stop?:cool:

SmokinMom said:
Ok but what does this have to do with calfs???

I have smoked too much today....no brain cells left I'm afraid.

:giggle:
just that u should never hav to stop lifting, cos the weight gain is so small frm morn to eve. so should we all be able to lift full grown cows:hubba:

well us kuntree folks know that when the calf gets to heavy to lift, you just "tip" it..
hXXp://calstaging.bemidjistate.edu/en3930/lindahl/howto.html

Excerpt below from hXXp://www.usms.org/articles/articledisplay.php?a=105

There is a story about an FFA live stock show where the older boys engaged in a calf lifting contest. Each boy would, in turn, select and lift off the ground a heavier calf than the previous boy. Once a boy failed he was out of the contest. When there was just one boy left and he was about to be awarded the prize one of the younger, smaller boys that had been watching called out "Wait, I can beat that!" The other boys laughed at him, told him to be quiet and ruffled his hair. Undaunted, he walked over to his entry in the stock show, a nearly mature bull that weighed fully three times what the heaviest calf lifted weighed. He proceeded to lift that bull three inches off the ground and immediately was greeted with "Ooohs!", "Ahhhhs!", applause and the prize.

When asked how he managed such a feat, the boy explained that, ever since the calf was born, he would lift the calf off the ground once a day. He never missed a day as the animal grew. The boy's calf lifting ability grew into bull lifting ability. To do this he never had to step very far outside his physical comfort zone. Yet by consistently and persistently taking small steps he managed to enlarge his comfort zone to immense proportions.

Latest posts

Back