When do you like to cut your crop, morning or evening?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puna bud

Reaction score
I was curious about when you folks like to cut down your stash. I know some folks like early morning because of Trichomes. Then some folks thing early evening right before sunset has the most trichomes. How do you folks feel about harvesting, and your personal time for doing it and why?

i harvest mine when the trichs tell me too,whether its day or night makes no difference to me.it all smokes the same.jmo

About an hour before the dark cycle would end is my estimate for the best time to hack it. The plants gets into a cycle and will start "getting ready" for the light about 30 minutes prior to the light. You want to cut the plant when it's still in its regenerative phase, using all its resources and saved up energy to grow and produce THC (night).

If you've already payed for/used 12 hours worth of energy in the form of your lights, you might as well let the plant use it before hacking it! Right?!

I only harvest in the winter solstice when the moon is at it highest... (That's the Fatweiser and new crop talking.)

funny guys.....I look at trichs..and then Harvest at all diffrent times..mostley in my Morning cause my kids are sleeping so i am no dissturbed..lol..I dont think it matters when you harvest day/night I dont recomend waiting for aa eclips tho..lol..hope this helps:bolt::bong:

usually daytime ,,,when kids are at school ,,,or night time when in bed :p so anytime really :peace:

My outdoor stuff is done just before the sun comes up......

i have read that the best time to harvest is right before your lights come on, the reasoning being that at night your plants draw starches and sugars down to the roots. these sugars and starches when present in the plant fiber will give the plant a more harsh taste and cause a longer curing time, any nutrients not used up by the plant will be down in the roots

you all are right I guess. It seems it's just a matter of personal preference . Normally I try to use the Lunar charts to plan my harvests. But because of hard rains the past few days in Hawaii I decided to bust out the pruning tools and get a cutting to avoid any "bud rot" on plants that are Idica dominate.
Because of my constant planting of seeds it seems like I'm always always one or two weeks from harvesting....always!!!

my spare closet.jpg

my spare closet 1.jpg

spare closet 2.jpg

.."fact".. light degrades thc.. soooo IMHO.. and what I have read and deduced from reasoning, "before" any light is allowed to begin the degradation process, is "theoretically" the best time of day...

Puna:
Nice pics. How much does that closet reek? That looks like it could be smelled from a couple towns away. LOL

Latest posts

Back