when does that green smell turn skunky

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it possible that we just proved that letting your bud cure for up to 40 days could lead to better bud?

The only way to prove that would be through experimentation and wide 'tester' base. I would gladly be one of your testers ;).

:eek: thanks alot lots of info and i guess im in for a min of 4 weeks to have something good and tasty:holysheep:

I am smoking AWESOME tasting AND smelling AND potent dope and not many of mine have made it past the 30 day mark. It's all tasted great from the start save maybe one strain, yes, they do better with age though!

I still haven't cured the C99 to a storage dryness, its been cureing 30 days, so so sweet, its just awesome strain!! my hygrometers are reading the mid 60s. The tang in my Dutch treat is si aromatic, I'm really loveing that.

P1090837.JPG

I don't find that my bud ever smells like hay when in the jar . . . IMO the 'cut grass' smell is usually caused by poor drying or poor trimming or a combination of both. My freshly dried bud smells of cinammon and spices . . . when it's been cured for a while the other aromas come through.

some information for you to use to make an educated decision.

The Cannabis Grow Bible - by Greg Green

"... Drying bud helps relax THC particles...
... Bud that is cured well smokes the best using a 3 - 4 week canning process...
...Curing breaks down chlorophyll which has Magnesium-containg green pigments. Magnesium is responsible for that sharp and harsh taste in the back of your throat..."

The Cannabible 2 - by Jason King

"...properly cured herb will have a multitude of luscious aromas, many of which words cannot describe..."

Grow Great marijuana - by Logan Edwards

"...the entire drying process should take place over 1 - 2 weeks...
...if buds are dried to quickly, the flavor of the herb will become harsh...
...the drying of your harvest should be a slow steady process...
...you're trying to protect moisture from evaporation. this moisture will use the air in the jar to form aerobic bacteriathat will convert (eat) the chlorophyll and cure your buds..."

The Good Bud Guide - by Albie

...speed drying is reckless...

Latest posts

Back