When to add superthrive and how often and more questions inside

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Draston

Reaction score
I have a few questions I'd like to ask. I've come to the realization that superthrive is the stuff I need to get to put in my plants. When do I need to add it (2 of my plants just sprouted 1 has been above ground for maybe 4 days and the other is at 2 days). They are still very very small and are planted in miracle grow moister control potting soil.

Also where can I pick up superthrive?

I just made a midnight run to some stores and found that some actually had superthrive so I picked up a 4 oz bottle.

follorow instructions it will work... I also do a foliage feed with it.

I used directions first week until I figured out how it worked on my plants. Now I just use it when it feels right. :chuck:

ok so I put barely any into a half gallon container. I'm not good at measuring a 1/4th of a teaspoon :p. and I thought I didn't put enough on so I put 1 extra drop in after my small *** teaspoon pour. I mixed it with water and then shook it up. I watered my babies today so I won't start using it until the moister control soil seems to dry up in a few days. Is it ok to use it on seedlings? From the directions it seems that you just use it normally instead of water. Is that correct?

Also... Should I mix it right before I use it or is it ok to mix it with water and then store it for later use? I figured it would be fine to store it in a black bag so light doesn't break down the stuff in the water. If it does break down after time in the bottle premixed then thats ok because I guess then if I over did it, that will water the mix down.

Superthrive isn't a miracle product. You shouldn't add anything to your seedlings but str8 water. You should wait until your plant is about 3 to 4 weeks old before giving any supplements. Superthrive is just a liquid multivitamin. Being that you're using MG soil, I wouldn't give it anything def because that soil has all (probably more than enough) the vits and minerals your plant needs. Adding too much to your plant right now could burn your seedling.

bombbudpuffa said:
Superthrive isn't a miracle product. You shouldn't add anything to your seedlings but str8 water. You should wait until your plant is about 3 to 4 weeks old before giving any supplements. Superthrive is just a liquid multivitamin. Being that you're using MG soil, I wouldn't give it anything def because that soil has all (probably more than enough) the vits and minerals your plant needs. Adding too much to your plant right now could burn your seedling.

okie dokie. I'll wait till they all are about a month along before I use the stuff on them.

Yeah I agree. I used the exact same soil for my grow worked good. I did burn a couple plants early and you for sure want to wait at least one month.:) I added some FF Grow Big with that soil and it burned some of the tips came out of it, but be careful to add anything too early.;) As for the Superthrive I use that every watering once they are old enough.

Later:cool:

noodles said:
Yeah I agree. I used the exact same soil for my grow worked good. I did burn a couple plants early and you for sure want to wait at least one month.:) I added some FF Grow Big with that soil and it burned some of the tips came out of it, but be careful to add anything too early.;) As for the Superthrive I use that every watering once they are old enough.

Later:cool:

Yeah the soil seems to be pretty awesome stuff. The gardening center had it on sale too :)!

I used superthrive (although a very weak mix) and my plants responded really well,, have heard its not good to use in flower cos it prolongs things,, does anyone know??

ermjoy said:
I used superthrive (although a very weak mix) and my plants responded really well,, have heard its not good to use in flower cos it prolongs things,, does anyone know??

hmm from the looks of the packaging and what I hear I would think it would just make the plant bigger in general during any phase. I could be wrong though. Lets wait for an expert grower since i'm just a noob.

Have you guys ever used tripple 16 fert? Someone said its supposed to be really good.

bombbudpuffa said:
Hey BBP, can you follow the same methol w/hypro system, waiting a month before feed then superthrive?

Latest posts

Back