When to move outside...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

betterman029

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is my first post here and this is a really helpful site. I try not to ask to many questions because I do my research first, but one thing i couldnt really find an answer to was this. I started my plants inside under a flourescent, they are into their 4th week of vegging and are about 6 or 7 inches tall. They seem to be very healthy, but I want to move them outdoors. Now I live in the hills of PA and have some very nice soil. Although its 90 something outside here today, so how long should I keep them in the shade for outside until moving into direct sunlight. I got some purple widows looking good and dont want to lose them. Thanks.

Hey I also live in PA and am in the same situation. I'm moving mine outside when they get to be 12 inches. :D

I Harden mine off slowly over a week..I have mine in container and is now Getting 8-10 hrs direct light( when its out)..But only put in direct light 2 hrs..then 3hrs...and so on..Hope this helps..

As said above,
You should taper them off for a week giving them more and more direct sunlight each day, the rest of the time keep them in a shaded and well ventilated area. After a week they will acclimate to the outdoor enviorment and do just fine in direct sunlight all day. Hope this help you out, keep us posted on the grow. Peace and Love!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roken.

Latest posts

Back